Interesting Verizon news

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I was at Verizon today for some Droid help, and decided I'd ask a few questions. I heard a few things that surprised me a bit.

HTC Incredible should be here very soon, estimated at "2-3 weeks", and it will not be replacing the Eris

Droid Eris will most likely not get a 2.1 upgrade, but will get a 2.0 upgrade due to its processor.

And most surprisingly, the Nexus will be in store at Verizon, sold alongside the Incredible and Eris. I can't find any evidence for this, but the employee seemed pretty confident. I guess we'll see how true it turns out to be.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I was at Verizon today for some Droid help, and decided I'd ask a few questions. I heard a few things that surprised me a bit.

HTC Incredible should be here very soon, estimated at "2-3 weeks", and it will not be replacing the Eris

Droid Eris will most likely not get a 2.1 upgrade, but will get a 2.0 upgrade due to its processor.

And most surprisingly, the Nexus will be in store at Verizon, sold alongside the Incredible and Eris. I can't find any evidence for this, but the employee seemed pretty confident. I guess we'll see how true it turns out to be.

This isn't eactly new news but thanks :)

It's in the cel brite system so yeah that generally means a month or so. Reports are showing it already being shipped to warehouses.

Eris is an entry level phone hardware wise while the Incredible is a top tier phone line the Droid, so yeah I can't see them replacing it.Other sources show 2.1. Not sure why they would need to worry about the processor all they would have to do is leave out the live wallpaper feature and it would be fine.

As for the 2.1 update yes Eris will get it and supposedly HTC says it is ready to go when Verizon finally approves it which judging by the Droid which was supposedly ready back in January, we will probably get the Eris update in June....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid