Intermittent random shutdowns

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed about 4 random, unevenly spaced apart, hard to detect why, reboots during the last week. In full disclosure:

1. I have two extra launchers installed.
2. I'm on a very slow wifi that craps out frequently in the Philippines while visiting family.
3.I currently while here, have no data connection with ATT.

I have a feeling it's a slow, crappie wifi that's the culprit?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. I have two extra launchers installed.
Nothing to do with it. Only one launcher is running and only when you're on the home screen, app drawer, etc.

2. I'm on a very slow wifi that craps out frequently in the Philippines while visiting family.
Also nothing to do with it. No wifi at all won't cause a phone to shut down.

3.I currently while here, have no data connection with ATT.
Also nothing to do with it. No mobile data at all won't cause a phone to shut down.

Without examining the phone I can't give you a definitive answer, but an educated guess says it's either a bad battery or humidity condensed inside the phone causing water damage.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had random reboots on my Mate 10 Pro pretty much since I got it. Sometimes once a month and sometimes a few times in the same week. No rhyme or reason to mine and not been enough to really bother me but they definitely happen

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few recently and all appear to happen when picture-in-picture mode is on, mostly either Google maps or YouTube.

Hey you could be right there actually. I'm pretty positive I had PiP for Google Maps at the time and went to reply to WhatsApp messages and it just froze then reboot

LossOfCite

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
Hey you could be right there actually. I'm pretty positive I had PiP for Google Maps at the time and went to reply to WhatsApp messages and it just froze then reboot

I never use PiP and I also have had the random reboots since I first got it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582