International roaming

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone traveled internationally and swapped out the sim card?

Did it whack out the phone? Should I just place my normal sim in place?

Sent from Tapatalk

glengrp707

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from India (Bangalore) and N1 worked great with existing ATT SIM and international service enabled. Received 2G data and good voice service.

Axeman#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I travel all over and i've found it best to just get a sim card. Actually you may find it cheaper to just buy a cheap pay as you go phone while there and use the sim card from it.

Rickhuizinga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Definitely get a local SIM card if you're phone is unlocked. If you do this, and use Google Voice you can make and receive calls on you're Google Voice number. Here's how:

1. Get a local SIM card and phone number.
2. Setup a Skype To Go USA forwarding number to you're local SIM card's number. Also be sure that you're Google Voice number is one of you're registered phones.
3. Add the Skype To Go number as one of you're phones in Google Voice.
4. Install Google Voice Callback on you're phone to make outgoing calls using you're Google Voice number.

Google Voice will route incoming calls to the Skype To Go number, Skype will dial you're local SIM card's number and you're phone will ring. You will be billed by Skype based upon their per minute rate between the two countries.

For outgoing calls, Google Voice Callback will have Google Voice call you back on the Skype To Go number where Skype will once again forward the callback to you're local SIM card's number.

I plan on testing this out on my upcoming trip to Europe.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been in Italy/UK/France/Spain/Turkey/Taiwan/Japan/Singapore/Thailand and a few other counties within the last year.

I have SIMs for most of those countries and my phone had no issue dealing with a new SIM chip each time I swaped out my at&t Mobility SIM for the local SIM of the country.

Dan

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqw999adsfdg