Ipad mini and Android phone or Iphone 5 and Nexus 7

AjRoXx

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Which combination should I get? If Ipad and Android phone then which phone should I get? I'm leaning towards the HTC One but I'm not sure.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Frankly, it seems like it comes down to what ecosystem you want to buy into. I would either go Apple, or avoid it. Blending Apple products with non-Apple products is going to result in buying apps multiple times, and troubles with sharing certain things between them. I personally have avoided Apple products, because I don't want to get locked into such a tightly controlled ecosystem, but they do have a lot of happy customers.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Frankly, it seems like it comes down to what ecosystem you want to buy into. I would either go Apple, or avoid it. Blending Apple products with non-Apple products is going to result in buying apps multiple times, and troubles with sharing certain things between them. I personally have avoided Apple products, because I don't want to get locked into such a tightly controlled ecosystem, but they do have a lot of happy customers.

Pretty much this. I personally dont go near much apple related stuff as mixing the 2 ecosystems isnt great for the wallet. Plus I get everything I would ever need from my android devices. It will be all down to what YOU want.

uncleanbeast1

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I was GS3 and IPad mini at one point. Now I'm IPhone 5 and Nexus 7 and it seems a better fit for me since I'm with Sprint and this way I can dip my toe in the Nexus pool. If I were on At&t or T-Mobile, I would go nexus 4 and mini.

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the S4 and the nexus 7 right now but I think when the retina iPad mini comes out I will get it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

morrsn

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Like previously mentioned buying into both ecosystems is a huge waste of money. But if you must, I'd go with ipad android phone combo. My N7 is pathetic when compared to my girlfriends ipad mini. Android's tablet experience just isn't up there just yet. The phone experience is a whole different story though. My HTC One makes her iPhone feel like a toy. As a matter of fact I hardly use my tablet since I got the One lol its just that good.

Posted via Android Central App

jonhcox

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I prefer Nexus 7, Nexus 4 and an iPhone 5 to play around with. Occasionally I'll take the iPhone with me to work but mostly I prefer the N4. I sold my iPad Mini to get the nexus 7. Very happy with it.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Like previously mentioned buying into both ecosystems is a huge waste of money. But if you must, I'd go with ipad android phone combo. My N7 is pathetic when compared to my girlfriends ipad mini. Android's tablet experience just isn't up there just yet. The phone experience is a whole different story though. My HTC One makes her iPhone feel like a toy. As a matter of fact I hardly use my tablet since I got the One lol its just that good.

How does that work? Her iPhone is just like her iPad....your phone is just like the Nexus.

That doesn't make sense to me.

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Android phone, Apple tablet is my ideal set up. Although I had to buy the new Nexus 7, as soon as the mini catches up to it, I'll go with that. The Apple app experience is almost always better, no matter how many people say that the play store is catching up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
umm, getting both doesn't make sense at all. The great thing about having multiple devices in the same ecosystem is how everything syncs and plays together.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Which combination should I get? If Ipad and Android phone then which phone should I get? I'm leaning towards the HTC One but I'm not sure.

There will be a retina iPad Mini next month so if you care considering one don't make any decisions until then.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
There will be a retina iPad Mini next month so if you care considering one don't make any decisions until then.

It can just as easily be said there will be a non retina Mini next month at this point. Theres rumors both ways at this point. Nothing has been official yet.

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an SIII and iPad 2 along with a MacBook and now have given my wife the MacBook and use the iPad for just surfing on the couch. Went back to a regular laptop and picked up the new nexus 7 and just have not gotten it set up correctly yet. I don't like having a split echo system that's how I ended up with an iPad and MB when i had an iPhone, became board with the phone so switched back to android and now will see how this works. I would say that having the same echo system is much smoother experience and don't think you can go wrong either way, just comes down to what you like. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
easwrftjukumar3r