iPhone 5s to Galaxy Note 3?

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
So I started off with the iPhone 3G and then moved to the 4. I was happy with the iPhone. However in 2012 it was stolen. After this I got the original galaxy note. I loved the phone but the battery life was bad and it had a lot of software bugs. After a year I switched to the S4. I enjoyed using the phone but found that I couldn't manage the 16 GB of internal storage. I also didn't like it for audio so was using an iPod touch. I decided to get a 64 GB iphone 5S as I thought it would solve my storage problems and enable me to use just one device instead of two. However after 3 weeks of using the iPhone I'm missing android. I just don't think that I'm suited to the iPhone anymore after using android for nearly 2 years.

So my question is should I sell my 5S and get the note 3?

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S to galaxy note 3?

That's up to you. If you don't think you'll be happy with it for two years, you might want to try out the Note 3 and see if it's any better for your needs. Battery is a lot better on the N3 than it was on the N1, and probably has a lot less bugs as well

Posted via Android Central App

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

battery is very good on note 3 but also having a removeable battery means battery life is something you shouldn't care about anyway.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

battery is very good on note 3 but also having a removeable battery means battery life is something you shouldn't care about anyway.

Yeah, if you have a spare battery :D
I haven't plugged in my phone in quite some time, I just swap out fully charged batteries every couple of days when I get to about 30%

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, if you have a spare battery :D
I haven't plugged in my phone in quite some time, I just swap out fully charged batteries every couple of days when I get to about 30%

I have 3 in total ha..

it's great when I'm at work over a 12 hour period too.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Yes you should sell the iPhone 5S and get note 3. I sold my iPhone 5 for one

And the battery on the Note 3 is very good

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
One battery doesn't last you 12 hours? :eek:

Yesterday battery had been on about 16.5 hrs by the time I got to bed, checked my screen on time - had over 8 hrs of screen time (reading news, this site (it's addicting!), emails, youtube etc) AND still had over 30% battery left.

My iPhone would only have lasted 17 hrs if I didn't use it very much, maybe a few of hrs max.

I have a spare battery, but as of yet I haven't had to use it (5 months and counting). Absolutely love the battery life I'm getting.

Oh, also love the fact that I have a 64gb sd card as well as the on board memory of the note. I was CONSTANTLY having to delete apps and photos/movies off my iPhone when I reached my memory limit (even with icloud) which really p---ed me off. Glad I no longer have that worry/hassle.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday battery had been on about 16.5 hrs by the time I got to bed, checked my screen on time - had over 8 hrs of screen time (reading news, this site (it's addicting!), emails, youtube etc) AND still had over 30% battery left.

My iPhone would only have lasted 17 hrs if I didn't use it very much, maybe a few of hrs max.

I have a spare battery, but as of yet I haven't had to use it (5 months and counting). Absolutely love the battery life I'm getting.

Yeah, I get insane screen times too. I very rarely use my phone for more than 6 hours a day but it's nice knowing that I can if I need to. I don't need the external battery but it beats plugging in my phone and watching the charge slowly go up

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Oh, also love the fact that I have a 64gb sd card as well as the on board memory of the note. I was CONSTANTLY having to delete apps and photos/movies off my iPhone when I reached my memory limit (even with icloud) which really p---ed me off. Glad I no longer have that worry/hassle.

I'm happy with my battery life but I've never got 8 hours. Highest I ever got was 7...on average I get between 4-6 hours screen time..it's normally around 4-5 hours screen time though.

I normally get at least 1 day on total though everyday.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm happy with my battery life but I've never got 8 hours. Highest I ever got was 7...on average I get between 4-6 hours screen time..it's normally around 4-5 hours screen time though.

I normally get at least 1 day on total though everyday.

My average is usually around 6.5hrs but with that there is usually battery life still left but I'm so tired I'm going to sleep rather than get more screen time, haha.

I guess the point i was trying to make was that I don't have to put my phone on charge when I get in the car, or worry that oh s--t I only have 5% battery and I'm no where near a charger for the next few hrs...which happened quite often with my iPhone.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the replies. I'm seriously considering it. It is nice to have a spare battery I had a couple for my original galaxy note and had one for my galaxy S4 although I only used it once or twice in 5 months as it had a pretty good battery life.

I think I find the iPhone to basic now. I miss the advanced functions of my galaxy devices.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the replies. I'm seriously considering it. It is nice to have a spare battery I had a couple for my original galaxy note and had one for my galaxy S4 although I only used it once or twice in 5 months as it had a pretty good battery life.

I think I find the iPhone to basic now. I miss the advanced functions of my galaxy devices.

Then trade it or sell it and buy a Note 3. If you've had an OG Note and an S4, you'll love the Note 3. It takes the S4, and makes it a lot bigger and better :)

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

My average is usually around 6.5hrs but with that there is usually battery life still left but I'm so tired I'm going to sleep rather than get more screen time, haha.

I guess the point i was trying to make was that I don't have to put my phone on charge when I get in the car, or worry that oh s--t I only have 5% battery and I'm no where near a charger for the next few hrs...which happened quite often with my iPhone.

Yeah it's perfect. Sometimes with an iPhone you know you need to put it on charge before bed due to battery not lasting you long the next with the note you can go to bed with it on 20% left and then change it over whenever the next day

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I think I'd like to go for the note 3. I'm just cautious about obtaining one. I don't want to pay full retail price for it. I'd like to sell my iPhone or trade but I'm worried about getting a faulty device or a stolen one.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I think I'd like to go for the note 3. I'm just cautious about obtaining one. I don't want to pay full retail price for it. I'd like to sell my iPhone or trade but I'm worried about getting a faulty device or a stolen one.

For what it's worth I sold my iPhone 5 for ?300 I'm sure you could get plenty for the 5s

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

You could probably sell the 64 GB 5S for around the price of a full retail Note 3 :D
If not, you can list it in the marketplace here and/or on iMore and see if anyone wants to trade

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 5S to galaxy note 3?

I looked at a Note 3 recently...but that not-perfectly-sitting home button really put me off. I'm OCD about details like that. Instead, I got another iPhone 5s to jailbreak. Now I have 2.

Sent from my Plutonium 5s 64