iPhone user, but will use Inspire, too...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I saw a few articles today about the Inspire and the data package for AT&T's 4G.

What I want to know is, if I have an AT&T iPhone data package (original unlimited), and from time to time use the same said SIM in my Inspire 4G (when I get it), will the data not work?

Seems according to reports, I have to get the 4G data package. Surely this can't be the case...

Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone data plan and switch the sim from it to a Captivate using a micro sim adapter. I'm hoping I will be able to do the same with an htc Inspire.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The data plans should remain the same until their LTE network fully launches. Thr Inspire, Attrix and Infuse 4G are running off of the HSPA+ network. Same plans as before

But if you get the Attrix and want thag laptop dock then you will have to change.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The data plans should remain the same until their LTE network fully launches. Thr Inspire, Attrix and Infuse 4G are running off of the HSPA+ network. Same plans as before

But if you get the Attrix and want thag laptop dock then you will have to change.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

+1 Agreed

PhxBlue

Super Geek
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
If i were a betting man id say the "4G data package" is a fancy way of saying "give us more money" and is no way technically or functionally different than our current data packages. All it is is 3.75G with an uptick in its naming.

Ryan Roland

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
the term 4G by definition is really ONLY referring to a networks 4th generation network. 1G was gprs way back in the day then 2G was EDGE which allowed data transfer to a phone, then 3G was UMTS which allowed simultaneous voice and data and faster data speeds, then at&t rolled out HSPA but really was just faster data so no need to call it 4G, then they added HSPA+ which again is really no different but speeds doubled again. One could argue that this HSPA+ is a whole new network but it's really just a media hype battle that all companies are rushing to say they have 4G. Sprint was the slowest to get their 3G up and going so they naturally were the first to break the ITU's rules of what was considered 4G by saying they had 4G. that led to pressure on every other network with their customer saying "they have 4G why dont we?" and then everyone was fibbing about having 4G. But LTE will level the playing field in 2013 when at&t and verizon have a full LTE network and TMO and sprint are still trying to sell old towers and do yard sales to raise money to invest in a LTE network. TMO has already said they are gonna sit back and wait until there are more LTE devices out there before they even start the plans to lay out a path to LTE which they feel will be 5+ years. LMAO that will be a interesting time. since LTE will probably make phones cross carrier I wouldn't be surprise if TMO and Sprint Merge just to save themselves. at&t and VZW will each have 100 million customers by the end of this year IMO and TMO and sprint will be floating in the 30's somewhere and figure hell we might as well join forces if we are gonna make it through this duopoly.

Rant/thinking out loud ended

geniahelms

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
So long iPhone, hello Inspire...

I was an aved iPhone user for 2 years and I was just never completely satisfied with it. I have had the Inspire for a little over a month now, and so far I LOVE it! I also just found this web site to help me with tips and stuff, so I feel like I'm going to have nothing but enjoyment from my switch. My husband still uses the iPhone 4, and I make it a point to show him everything new I learn on here and hopefully he'll make the switch to. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuanbinh9990