Is anyone insuring their Gear S?

Jasp615

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I was going to insure it through Verizon but Verizon treats it as a phone so the insurance is 8 or 9 dollars a month extra and there is a hefty deductible to have it replaced or repaired. I decided to go with SquareTrade which was $59.00 for two years and a 50 dollar deductible. I also know a couple of people that have used them with positive results. They cover everything except thief/lost device. I also purchased my watch with AMEX so it will double the waranty also. Is anyone else insuring their watch?

InfamousUnknown

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
No. But I generally don't on such things.

Maybe it is worth it, but my max loss on the gear s is what 300? So 60 bucks is 20% of the cost of the watch up front. And the return assumes 1) It breaks, 2) I remember to turn it in and can remember who I insured it with.

I'll take my risk, but that is a personal choice.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was going to insure it through Verizon but Verizon treats it as a phone so the insurance is 8 or 9 dollars a month extra and there is a hefty deductible to have it replaced or repaired. I decided to go with SquareTrade which was $59.00 for two years and a 50 dollar deductible. I also know a couple of people that have used them with positive results. They cover everything except thief/lost device. I also purchased my watch with AMEX so it will double the waranty also. Is anyone else insuring their watch?

I did not know I could insure with Square Trade. Do you have a link. I was going to do the extended warranty but it does not cover breakage and I don't want to pay the full phone warranty price. I will also pay with Amex and get double the coverage.

Jasp615

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had insurance on my phones and it has been well worth it for me. I have never lost a phone (knock on wood) but they have been through the wash, ran over by a truck, fallen off a roof and swam with the fishies...LOL. My sons and hubby are he worse. My GF used them and they replaced her tablet after 4 yrs because it stopped working. What they did was refund her the money she paid for it. Here is the link: Smartwatch Insurance Coverage - Smartwatch Insurance Plan - Smartwatch Warranty Service

You would have had to buy the watch with Amex. I always use my AMEX just for that reason. It also extends the warranty up to one year. If you didn't maybe other CC's do this also.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

I did square trade the day I got the watch only because I am under contract and have it added on my plan.

If I were doing bluetooth only I would not insure the watch. You can get an AT&T one right now refurbished on ebay for $169 no contract.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1