Is factory rest really worth the time?

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Factory Re-Set.

My phone is 2 years old and runs fine for the most part. But I'm always wondering if it could run better. Obviously over time there's been updates and all my apps updated and I'm sure there's clutter and/or organizational things that aren't "inline" that may cause it to run slower or less efficient. Is that true? Is there a benefit if all in all the phone runs fine? From time to time I get lag here and there.. but is that because of all the updates just not being ordered as well as it could be? I'm thinking in lines of "defragging" on a computer or a fresh windows installation for a clean registry? Do the phones work like that too?

Thanks for the advice. I don't want to do it if there isn't much benefit because my phone works well for 98% of the time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In my experience with phones from that generation (I had an original Razr Maxx), factory reset did nothing for performance. Wiping the cache partition can help sometimes, but on the Razr Maxx, it just gradually got slower and slower regardless of what I did. So if you're happy with your current performance, don't worry about doing a factory reset. Stick with cache partition wipes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777