Is Google Play Music like Spotify?

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to find some online service that lets me buy music, download it to my storage, and be able to transfer it, access it anywhere etc. Can I do that with play music, or is all music purchased from there only accessible through the app, like Spotify?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is Google play music like Spotify?

Well, with Play music you can pin it to your device (download) or you can get Music Manager and download your entire library, then transfer it to devices.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

You should look into Amazon MP3 as well.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Well, with Play music you can pin it to your device (download) or you can get Music Manager and download your entire library, then transfer it to devices.

Kk. It's annoying that they put that extra step in of having to use your pc.

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site

You don't have to use your PC, it's just an option. You can download the music to your device directly.

But it could only be accessed through the play music app, right? I wanted to be able to download songs, be able to play them with any app, be able to transfer them to other devices in which ever way I want etc.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

But it could only be accessed through the play music app, right? I wanted to be able to download songs, be able to play them with any app, be able to transfer them to other devices in which ever way I want etc.

If you are trying to eliminate the need for a PC, yes, only through the Play Music app.