Is it just my phone?

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been having minor wifi connection issues and its really getting to me now. My wifi works fine but it randomly stops working for a few seconds and works again. I notice my wifi bar going from 4 bars to 3 and I already know my wifi stopped. Does anyone else deal with this issue? It gets annoying while in a game that requires online

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it happen with every device or computer in the house, or just with your phone?

Things to try:

1. Reboot your router (unplug the power for 10 seconds, then plug it back in and wait 20-30 seconds for it to finish booting).
2. On your phone, go to Settings/Wifi, forget your router's settings, then re-connect.
3. Try changing the router's security settings (e.g., change from WEP to WPA or vice-versa, or AES to TKIP or vice-versa). Read your router's manual to learn how to do this if you're unfamiliar.
4. Try turning off the router's security temporarily to see if that helps.

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Does it happen with every device or computer in the house, or just with your phone?

Things to try:

1. Reboot your router (unplug the power for 10 seconds, then plug it back in and wait 20-30 seconds for it to finish booting).
2. On your phone, go to Settings/Wifi, forget your router's settings, then re-connect.
3. Try changing the router's security settings (e.g., change from WEP to WPA or vice-versa, or AES to TKIP or vice-versa). Read your router's manual to learn how to do this if you're unfamiliar.

It still happens when I use wifi outside my house though so I don't think it's a router problem sadly

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Things to try:

It still happens when I go