Is it normal that I can't tell the difference between outdoor photos taken with the S5 and S6?

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Is it normal that I can't tell the difference between outdoor photos taken with the S5 and S6?

I bought the S6 *ONLY* because it's suppose to have a superior camera. However, I finally got around to doing side-by-side comparison. I put the phones(S5 and S6) next to each other on mounts and took a bunch of pictures on full-auto mode. I copied the photos to a USB drive and played them back on my 55" 4K HDTV. No matter how hard I tried, I could not tell them apart, even when I zoom into the photos.

For daily uses, I also can't tell the difference between the two phones.(except the S6's screen being a little sharper/brighter) Should I just return the S6?(still have 47 days left to do it)

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
The key word here is outdoor. The s5 (practically any phone for that matter), will do fine pictures outside.

Inside is where you will notice a huge difference.
The s6 is night and day.

Joe
Kalispell, MT
Verizon, 64g galaxy s6

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I came also from an S5 and loved the camera. However i noticed immediately the superiority of the s6 through:

1. Faster shutter / Less lag camera interface
2. Very big difference on low-light conditions
3. Faster auto focus
4. Optical image stabilization (Less blurred shots)

I also noticed that images are more natural outdoors. Try zooming in and observe the sharpness and contrast on edges of an object... S6 looks less processed and more natural.

No need to return the phone IMO as the S6 is typically the best camera phone as of to date with G4 and iphone 6 on a close call.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Give it some more time so that you can take pictures in other lighting conditions. At the end of the day, as mentioned above, it's your call.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Could be you don't have the better camera installed. There are two different ones. Install AIDA64 and check your "devices" and see if you have the Sony camera or the other one...I think it is a Samsung camera.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I recognised the difference in quality between my s4 camera and my s6 camera immediately. But then again I never go outside so all of my pictures are taken indoors. Here's a picture I took last night. I took it with no flash and all my lights off. The only light was the light of the tv. Obviously it is going to be blurry but I couldn't get over just how much it picked up in the photo

Attachments

• 1437607649228.jpg
    1437607649228.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 20