Is it time to get a new phone?

Rahima Ibrahim

May 11, 2022
Visit site
I've had 3 batteries so far for my Samsung j3 due to battery life decreasing quickly once it reaches 20%-40%. I've had the phone for 4 years now and looks like I may have to change the battery again soon. The phone also no longer has software updates. Should I keep changing batteries or get a new phone?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
After just reading the title, as a smartphone geek and addict, the first thought that went through my mind was:

“It’s always time for a new phone!”

But to answer your question more specifically, it does sound like it is time for a new phone -- especially if you've had a few battery replacements and software updates are no longer available.

Good luck, and keep us posted on what you decide!

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
On this forum, the answer is always "yes".

I have a 1 year old phone, should I get a new one? Yes
There's a killer deal on a renewed phone, should I get it? Yes
I already have 4 phones, but want to tinker with another OS, should I get another phone? Yes.

Yes yes yes yes yes.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
On this forum, the answer is always "yes".

I have a 1 year old phone, should I get a new one? Yes
There's a killer deal on a renewed phone, should I get it? Yes
I already have 4 phones, but want to tinker with another OS, should I get another phone? Yes.

Yes yes yes yes yes.

You are absolutely right!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The other thing to keep in mind is that budget/midrange phones today are so much better than the same class of phone 3-4 years ago. My Galaxy A32 5G performs admirably, and the A53 has been getting great reviews (often being called a flagship killer).