Is it true? Aug release?

Trullinger

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
So, take this for what it is worth. I was in Best Buy this afternoon checking out the Photon when I asked what he had heard about the GS2. He checked his computer and said they don't have an official date, but they had been given a date of September 4th for when they would be receiving more information. He also said with that, that it would be extremely unlikely to see the phone before then. I have no idea if this guy was blowin' smoke and for all of our sakes, I hope he was. It would be very bad news indeed for those of us expecting an August release.
What do you guys think? Does someone in his position really have access to that type of information, especially this early?

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So, take this for what it is worth. I was in Best Buy this afternoon checking out the Photon when I asked what he had heard about the GS2. He checked his computer and said they don't have an official date, but they had been given a date of September 4th for when they would be receiving more information. He also said with that, that it would be extremely unlikely to see the phone before then. I have no idea if this guy was blowin' smoke and for all of our sakes, I hope he was. It would be very bad news indeed for those of us expecting an August release.
What do you guys think? Does someone in his position really have access to that type of information, especially this early?

I highly doubt he would know anything except that it's an expensive phone and he'd get a big comish for it. (;

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

I can assure you that the people at Best Buy know less than most of the people in this forum.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Well it could be true because the phone is slated for U.S. release in August but we don't know for which carriers. Last year we had a launch of July but between the big 4 it was stretched out over a period of 3 months. So this August stuff could very well be for only 1or 2 carriers. We're all just hoping it's on the one we're signed up with :p Tis true though that the forum dwellers know more than most store associates as far as leaks. You'll end up filling them in or tipping them off when you went to them for questions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz