Is it worth upgrading from an Epic Touch 4G?

weber022676

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Trying to decide if the EVO LTE is worth upgrading to. Haven't been able to find out too much if people who came from the Epic Touch 4G think?

THANK YOU!

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Trying to decide if the EVO LTE is worth upgrading to. Haven't been able to find out too much if people who came from the Epic Touch 4G think?

THANK YOU!

Depends what is important for you in a phone that will make it worthwhile for you to upgrade right now.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing really lacking on the ET4G that I need but was just curious if the screen, camera, etc are substantially better.

Please don't get me started on the camera, it's subpar IMHO. Screen is gorgeuos.. you might want to read the stickies above for camea and first ipressions..

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I did not think the camera was all that. Will stick with the GSII a little bit longer.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the Epic Touch 4G to the E4GLTE. Both are wonderful phones with the same strong points for the most part. Both are nice and thin, have great battery life, and a beautiful screen.

It's nice having a working GPS on the Evo, the GSII GPS never worked for me properly. I do miss WIMAX though, Sprint's 3G network leaves a lot to be desired. I have streamed Netflix without much issues over 3G though, so it seems to be getting better.

That being said, unless you have plans for the Epic Touch I wouldn't (I passed mine down to my wife). I can say the Evo is a better phone, but not by enough to justify spending that kind of cash.

Jimbizzzale

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If you listen to a lot of music on your phone, the EVO is a much better experience, the media player is well done and there are a lot of cool features within the stock media player.

Plus beats audio....

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
If you use Wimax a lot, you could wait a few months for LTE to hit your area. Otherwise, it's totally a worthy upgrade. You'll love it.

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I find myself missing my Epic more and more every day, but this may be from being used to CM9 and switching back to Sense. I am dissapointed in the camera as well on the Evo, this was one of my main reasons for making the switch. Like others said both phones have pros and cons. My upgrade was nearly free so I just went for it.

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the Epic Touch 4G to the E4GLTE. Both are wonderful phones with the same strong points for the most part. Both are nice and thin, have great battery life, and a beautiful screen.

It's nice having a working GPS on the Evo, the GSII GPS never worked for me properly. I do miss WIMAX though, Sprint's 3G network leaves a lot to be desired. I have streamed Netflix without much issues over 3G though, so it seems to be getting better.

That being said, unless you have plans for the Epic Touch I wouldn't (I passed mine down to my wife). I can say the Evo is a better phone, but not by enough to justify spending that kind of cash.

I agree 100%

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes ain't going back to Samsung, the GPS locks in less than 10 seconds! The signal for anything is WAY better. The camera is not WAY better BUT it is BETTER and so is the screen.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't look like enough for me to upgrade. I think I'll stay with the Epic Touch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the epic 4g touch as well. HTC build quiality is like no other , that was my first Samsung phone and its phenominal device except when you need it to be a phone. GPS, WiFi,and reception suck so bad on the epic. Theres no los on the EVO , WiFi is much sronger. I've had 4 HTC phones and all of them were great , to me this was worth the upgrade just having the phone part working. My epic did have a good run tho

sent from my blobfish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Sure wish HTC would build a Nexus.
sure wish Google would allow HTC to build a nexus! If you use wimax alot that is something to seriously consider, as far as everything else camera, screen, speed epic 4g is not in the same league. Epic touch isn't far behind e4lte. Sg3 is on its way too, so no need to rush IMO. I just prefer HTC

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why some people need to upgrade every year?!?! You're NOT going to see much of an improvement. Wait every other year so you can justify your upgrade! Then again, most people lack patience! If you got an SG2 last year, your next phone should be an SG4 or something coming out next year. Pretty simple is you ask me!...lol!

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why some people need to upgrade every year?!?! You're NOT going to see much of an improvement. Wait every other year so you can justify your upgrade! Then again, most people lack patience! If you got an SG2 last year, your next phone should be an SG4 or something coming out next year. Pretty simple is you ask me!...lol!

I used to be like this until I realized I was spending so much money and getting marginal upgrades at best and sometimes only tradeoffs. But I learned my lesson and got a release day evo shift and just replaced it a few days ago due to it being back ordered and no foreseeable time frame to replace it. What did I get by waiting 1.5 years as opposed to 6 months? A HUGE increase in every aspect of the phone (minus 3g speeds). Night and day difference and I got it for a fraction of the price of what Im used to.

I think peoples technology fix gets the better of them and thats why some buy phones so frequently. I know that was my issue a couple of years ago.