Is it worth upgrading

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Verizon? I'm having trouble adding to Verizon. Spoke to Tech Support and a ticket was opened up to try update their database with the IMEI. I have a feeling it's going to be awhile.

Edit: it is now fixed and watch is working on LTE
Glad you got it working. I do have Verizon and have had connection problems before, I think it was the 3 or 4. It took longer then yours to get it working.

If you want a challenge switch to a iPhone, apple watch, then switch back to Samsung phone and watch. That gets you a friend and some beers with Verizon tech

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Glad you got it working. I do have Verizon and have had connection problems before, I think it was the 3 or 4. It took longer then yours to get it working.

If you want a challenge switch to a iPhone, apple watch, then switch back to Samsung phone and watch. That gets you a friend and some beers with Verizon tech
Yeah....I don't know why they aren't on board with updated IMEI numbers.....could be Samsung partly to blame or Verizons way of trying to people to buy from Verizon.

One things certain....they need to educate the front line better. It should be a known issue and smooth process to foward the customer to the proper level of tech support. The rep was trying to tell me at first that we couldn't switch devices because the GW6 could not go on a shared line. Actually took my GW3 off and when she put it back on after failing to add the GW6 she made the GW3 a stand alone device.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

On a separate note do you have mobile networks on auto or always on? I tried auto but noticed I had to manually connect if I turned off phone. I believe always on uses more battery but not sure.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Does it automatically connect away from the phone or if it's off. It didn't the other day when I tried it but maybe I didn't wait long enough
Yes it automatically goes to LTE when away from the phone. It takes a minute or two.

Keep in mind if your phone isn't on you will only receive calls on the watch, the phone needs to be on when away from phone to be able to get text messages and emails and such.

I just thought of this. When I first got the fold 5 and watch 5 i was having issues with getting messages on watch when away from the phone, was on with Verizon for hours. There's a setting in the wear app that was toggled off for some reason.

It's buried in settings, advanced features. It sounds like your watch isn't connecting to the tower at all, but figured I'd share this. It took a few Verizon reps and few hours to find it. You would think this setting would be automatically turned on when you turn the mobile plan on or have the setting under mobile plans.

EDIT... Has Verizon tried giving the watch a new Esim. That's what it took on my old watch. I'm assuming they have
bcd252835fd1cd2966c7a4d52e6f3788.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes it automatically goes to LTE when away from the phone. It takes a minute or two.

Keep in mind if your phone isn't on you will only receive calls on the watch, the phone needs to be on when away from phone to be able to get text messages and emails and such.

I just thought of this. When I first got the fold 5 and watch 5 i was having issues with getting messages on watch when away from the phone, was on with Verizon for hours. There's a setting in the wear app that was toggled off for some reason.

It's buried in settings, advanced features. It sounds like your watch isn't connecting to the tower at all, but figured I'd share this. It took a few Verizon reps and few hours to find it. You would think this setting would be automatically turned on when you turn the mobile plan on or have the setting under mobile plans.

EDIT... Has Verizon tried giving the watch a new Esim. That's what it took on my old watch. I'm assuming they have
bcd252835fd1cd2966c7a4d52e6f3788.jpg
It's is connecting to LTE when I turn off the phone after a slight delay.

I am not getting messages though and that toogle you mention is enabled. I am not overly concerned about the messages at the moment but I suppose I should try to get it to work.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's is connecting to LTE when I turn off the phone after a slight delay.

I am not getting messages though and that toogle you mention is enabled. I am not overly concerned about the messages at the moment but I suppose I should try to get it to work.
If your phone is turned off you will not get messages on your watch even if you're on LTE. The phone needs to be on to get the messages, even on LTE.

Nephalem42

Mar 30, 2024
Visit site
I "upgraded" from my Gear S3 Frontier to the Watch6 as I bought the Gear around 5 years ago and it's started to have age issues... but so far I've had problems figuring out how to get an app that allows me to set alarms with my chosen sounds (which I had an app I could do that with on the G3) and the Wear that I downloaded I can't seem to find apps I want to download to the Watch6 as I did with the G3. I like the Watch6, but frustrated with my inability to figure out how to get past these obstacles as of yet. As such I haven't decided if I think the purchase was worth it yet.

MotorMike2020

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
I "upgraded" from my Gear S3 Frontier to the Watch6 as I bought the Gear around 5 years ago and it's started to have age issues... but so far I've had problems figuring out how to get an app that allows me to set alarms with my chosen sounds (which I had an app I could do that with on the G3) and the Wear that I downloaded I can't seem to find apps I want to download to the Watch6 as I did with the G3. I like the Watch6, but frustrated with my inability to figure out how to get past these obstacles as of yet. As such I haven't decided if I think the purchase was worth it yet.
So far I have not found any way of changing the sounds, especially for the timer....it uses the same ringtone as the phone.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Battery life on my watch 6 classic has been much better than my watch 4 classic, I don't have all the bells and whistles enabled as I don't need them but as you can see from the snapshot I'm getting decent battery life.Screenshot_20240407_074951_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240407_074951_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg
    Screenshot_20240407_074951_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174