Is My Droid Defective?

JDub313

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I have had my droid for over 1 month. Coming from Storm 1 and I have to say I am generally very happy. I do have a few recurring issues and I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether these are hardware issues or are these known problems. I've looked around and haven't seen them:

1. The bluetooth connection to my car does not work all of the time. As a matter of fact, about half the time I get in the car, the bluetooth does not connect. I have to manually turn off the bluetooth on the Droid and then turn it back on again. It then seems to work.
  2. I lose connection to my POP3 email account. It is an optonline.net account and I have had to delete the account and reinstall it twice to get it working. It will work for a while (1 or 2 weeks) and then just stop. Just recently it stopped and a battery pull seemed to do the trick.
I'm debating sending it back to Verizon for a replacement, but it's not worth it if these issues are happening to a lot of other people.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
For question #2, I have heard around these forums that non-gmail email accounts have trouble on the Droid/android. Especially exchange emails, but I can imagine it extending to other general email accounts. Not everyone has this problem, either, so it's hard to define a solution (if any).

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would try to flash your phone with the recovery option. I don't remember off the top of my head how to do it, but it may help.

To do this its something like hold down the camera button and X on the physical keyboard while turning on the phone. Can someone help me out with the exact way to do this?

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
I'm on my 2nd Droid, and both have been erratic with bluetooth connections. Every smartphone I've ever owned has been buggy with bluetooth though, so I just learned to deal with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lpt2024