is my phone gonna die??

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

so, I know the question may sound dramatic but for months my phone has been shutting off and restarting inmediately when it does only on occassion it got stuck in the restarting screen and I had to factory reset it before that it went weeks without restarting but soon after it started again and now I'm afraid It will happen again. The weirdest thing is the sound it makes when it restarts because if I'm not listening to smth it doesn't make sound but when I am it's like what I'm hearing gets stuck and its like a broken record till it finally restarts.
Please help!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sure sounds ominous. Which phone do you have, and how old is it? Assuming it isn't under warranty, make sure all of your important data is backed up or synced somewhere, in case the phone completely dies. Then start looking for a new phone.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
How old is the device? It might be worth taking it someplace and having the battery checked. Bad/old/dying batteries can have all kinds of weird effects on a device.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yes, that sounds like a phone that may be on its way out! Be sure to have everything backed up! Do you have a backup phone that you will be able to use if your current phone stops working?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance