Is my phone hacked?

kaelacameron

Aug 4, 2018
Visit site
I heard rumors that this dude has hacked my phone, cause apparently hes a phone genius. So how can I tell if someones got into it? Please help cus this is doing my head in.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Chances of this happening are extremely slim. However, I would operate under the assumption that this has been done. You have some options.

1. Non reset option:
1a. Remove any apps that are in your app drawer that you don't recall adding.
1b. Change any passwords on sites you normally use, including your Gmail account.

The above should get rid of whoever may be on the device. It also will force you to change your passwords as anything connected on that phone may be compromised. Changing your passwords frequently isn't a bad idea to begin with. It's not fun, but sometimes necessary.

Reset option:

2a. This might take some time, as resets aren't fun. You would have to set up your phone all over again. Back up any data you don't want to lose. The upside is where the first option might miss something in place, a reset should get it. Once the reset is done, I would NOT automatically download all your apps over again. Only install the ones you want/need. Once the reset is done, change your GMail account password and all other ones as well.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
While the above advice might be helpful, if you have a keylogger sending packets to the hacker constantly, it won't solve the problem. He'll know your new stuff too.
First, enable 2 factor authentication.
Then, go to a pc, log in to your Google account, and check all the settings and permissions. Go to the playstore from the desktop and add a pass code for downloads.
Change your password after your sure you are free of malware.
If you were hacked, you need to do more than just wipe the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adas13