Is the Note 8 going to be too big?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
N8 isn't really bigger than N4, slightly taller and slightly heavier but screen is obviously bigger, you would be used to it after 1 day and not miss the N4 at all, I know because I came from a N4 :)

h2ofun

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
We love our note 8's. No way would we want a smaller note!! But, we all would love the note to go back to a flat display, and get rid of the curved junk. Just kills trying to get a screen protector to fit and stay on, and then kills the stuff on the edge anyways.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
My concern is where will it end? 6.3" now, so if you follow the path of natural progression, then 6.5 is not unreasonable. Also, it's easy to see 6.8 or even 7.0 in the near future. So the Note can easily become a "mini tablet" instead of a phone. What type of jeans or even cargo pants can hold a 7.0 phone? Scary stuff in my opinion.:-\

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I thought it was going to be too big for me as I put my phone in my front pocket but honestly I have gotten used to it and I use a bulky case also. I've embrassed the big phone now

Last edited:

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My concern is where will it end? 6.3" now, so if you follow the path of natural progression, then 6.5 is not unreasonable. Also, it's easy to see 6.8 or even 7.0 in the near future. So the Note can easily become a "mini tablet" instead of a phone. What type of jeans or even cargo pants can hold a 7.0 phone? Scary stuff in my opinion.:-\

Not really if you think of it, we could have close to 7 inch screen without being bigger than maybe 2mm wider than our current Note 8 and quite possible also thinner (s-pen permitting) and better battery to go with it when that tech. take the next step up, Note 10 is my guess for next big leap

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
True! I'm petite and have very small hands. Currently using N4 and hoping to upgrade to N8 but the size scares me! Would rather go for the Note Fan Edition if I could get hold of it.
I had a Note 4 and now use a Note 8 and love the phone, but I have big hands. For example the FPS location is perfect for me. I would hate for it to be lower and centered.

As for size I recommend going to a store and compare the Note 8 to your 4. I did that before I pre-ordered the phone. The Note 8 is narrower than my Note 4 and just a bit taller. I am talking body not screen. Personally I wish the phone was a little wider, the same as the Note 4. The size difference is really not that different, at least for me.