Is the TBOLT still worth it?

IntheStorm

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So I have been a long time lurker of these forums. I have learned a lot with my blackberries. I am also running a Storm 1 and I can't wait to get rid of it. Can not wait. But this TBOLT has been taking forever to come at which time I keep on seeing newer phones from other carriers being mentioned that are even more impressive. Like for AT&T, they will have the Samsung Galaxy S II and the Motorola Atrix.

Would it be better to just wait another month or 2 and switch carriers and get one of these sweet dual cores of get the TBOLT. It almost feels obsolete before it even comes out.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I say no, but that me....OS wont fully support Dual Core till 2.4 and thats months down the road. Plus AT&T has ****ty service in my area.

Thats what makes america great, freedom to choose!

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I still plan to get the TBolt but I'm only doing it on a one year contract as I expect to be upgrading next year to whatever new and fancy phone is out next year and once all the software is optimized for dual core. In the meantime, I know the TBolt will do nicely for me (certainly much better than my old HTC Touch Pro!).

Mooch10

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Listen, Verizon has never set a launch date it's been all speculation form people on the forum. It's turned into a frenzy and we are all falling for it. The Tbolt is worth waiting for and until I hear from or read something from Verizon I will just wait and hope like all the rest.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You might want to start looking at the Atrix reviews being posted. Thus far I've seen a much less than impressive performance. HSPA+ is, expectedly, very weak. The display is pentile matrix, which could be considered a con if you're one of the types of people it really bothers. The laptop dock's performance is majorly underwhelming (and extremely cost prohibitive). And the performance of the dual core is also disappointing.

The Motorola Atrix 4G Preview - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
Motorola Atrix 4G review -- Engadget

ThomasT626

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
New Sense > New Motoblur. Verizon coverage, reliability and LTE speeds > HSPA+ and slowly expanding WiMax. And an improvement over the Evo in almost every way. Of course it's still worth it ;)

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya about the other announcements.... BUT its the first 4G phone so "obsolete already " lol I don't think so. Just to add to that, its 2 weeks later than it was supposed to be. Not 2 years. Big deal.

DRH1370

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya about the other announcements.... BUT its the first 4G phone so "obsolete already " lol I don't think so. Just to add to that, its 2 weeks later than it was supposed to be. Not 2 years. Big deal.

Actually it would still be early if I'm not mistaking, didn't they say to expect it in March?

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So I have been a long time lurker of these forums. I have learned a lot with my blackberries. I am also running a Storm 1 and I can't wait to get rid of it. Can not wait. But this TBOLT has been taking forever to come at which time I keep on seeing newer phones from other carriers being mentioned that are even more impressive. Like for AT&T, they will have the Samsung Galaxy S II and the Motorola Atrix.

Would it be better to just wait another month or 2 and switch carriers and get one of these sweet dual cores of get the TBOLT. It almost feels obsolete before it even comes out.

"Faux" HSPA+ < 4G LTE. AT&T has plans to roll out LTE too though. You would be pissed if you bought the Atrix then they released a LTE phone like 4 months later.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone who jumps ship because they haven't given a date yet will sink :p

IMO the Thunderbolt will be worth the wait and that wait should be over soon :)