is there a "customary process" for releasing a phone?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Since I've never watched and waited for a phone before, I'm curious if there's a "usual and customary" system that providers follow when they're leading up to a new phone release? I'm sure there are variances, nothing set in stone (other than never believe BestBuy or rumors) but just wondering what the 1,2,3's are IF there are any.

Deb

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there are stages. Here they are:
Denial?"I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me." "I can't believe it wasn't released on the 14th"
Anger?"Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Why wasn't it released on the 14!?"
Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy.
Bargaining?"Just let me have the phone on the 21st"; "I'll do anything even if it comes out on the 24th"
The third stage involves the hope that the phone will be released sooner than people really expect. Usually, the negotiation for an quicker release is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Psychologically, the individual is saying, "I understand the Bolt won't be out until March, but if it could just come out in February..."
Depression?"I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm never going to get this phone... What's the point?"; "I miss my Thunderbolt, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the person begins to understand the futility of internet rumors. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and grieving. This process allows the person in denial to disconnect from things of love and affection. It is not recommended to attempt to cheer up an individual who is in this stage. It is an important time for grieving that must be processed.
Acceptance?"It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it, because it will be released eventually."
In this last stage, the individual begins to come to terms with his carrier's release date.

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there are stages. Here they are:
Denial—"I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me." "I can't believe it wasn't released on the 14th"
Anger—"Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Why wasn't it released on the 14!?"
Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy.
Bargaining—"Just let me have the phone on the 21st"; "I'll do anything even if it comes out on the 24th"
The third stage involves the hope that the phone will be released sooner than people really expect. Usually, the negotiation for an quicker release is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Psychologically, the individual is saying, "I understand the Bolt won't be out until March, but if it could just come out in February..."
Depression—"I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm never going to get this phone... What's the point?"; "I miss my Thunderbolt, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the person begins to understand the futility of internet rumors. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and grieving. This process allows the person in denial to disconnect from things of love and affection. It is not recommended to attempt to cheer up an individual who is in this stage. It is an important time for grieving that must be processed.
Acceptance—"It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it, because it will be released eventually."
In this last stage, the individual begins to come to terms with his carrier's release date.

I think she was asking about providers, not customers.

But you nailed the customer process.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think she was asking about providers, not customers.

But you nailed the customer process.

LOL, okay this is where it gets even more funny. In terms of providers... my company's corporate Verizon rep said that they usually get training on everything like the day before they need to know it.

So it sounds like there really isn't a Verizon "process" per se.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
DurangoJim - you cracked me up :) but the other poster was right - I was asking about the providers. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There is no standard procedure. Verizon had pre-orders for the droid incredible and it was announce with a release date a couple of weeks before. For the Droid X, Verizon announce a release on a Friday and it went on sale the following Thursday and there was no pre-orders for that.

Based on how the Droid X was handled, if Phil's date of 2/24 is correct, I would except Verizon to announce on the release date this Friday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796