Is there a dialler of new phone which when dialling a number shows if it has been dialled before?

az198az

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
I know it sounds a bit mixed, but i am interested in a phone that has its default dailer show if the number that i am dialing has been dialed recently and when. Example:
calling -12345 if i have dialed number containing these numbers will show me when. Previously HTC had this (best dialler experience ever), my current phone is Huawei mate 20 lite and still has it. I am ssking this because i talk over the phone a lot with numbers which are not in my contact list and i need to know if and when before i have called them.

NOT interested in other dailers that i have to download
NOT interested in phone without google services.

ADDITION (i don't know how to add new answer):
These are two screenshots of me trying to dial an unknown number and the phone showing me that i have called it. When i hit the "i" button i see info when it was called.
Screenshot_20210217_190449_com.android.contacts.jpgScreenshot_20210217_190453_com.android.contacts.jpg

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember this feature from when I owned an HTC so I'm not 100 on what you're exactly asking because my Samsung will show all numbers and contacts based on the digits dialed until I've dialed enough numbers to narrow it down to one. I tested this with a number that called me, because I don't make calls to non-contacts nor take calls from non-contacts. When dialed it showed that there had been a call and that the call was unanswered but not the time or date.

Perhaps if you posted a censored screenshot of what you're looking for it would help someone recognize it and say, yeah I have that.

Alternatively you could search your call history. There's a search field at the top of my call log page. When a number is entered it shows all of the times that number called you or you placed a call to it that includes times and dates.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
In the photos I've attached I get the same result by tapping the generic profile bubble. I think this is pretty standard and not something special. Initially from your description it seemed like something automatic and didn't require an extra tap. I've only had HTC and now Samsung devices but they've both done this, the method may be different, an (i) in one and a bubble in the other, but I'd be willing to say that this isn't special.

Side note those are all spam calls and none are my area code so no worries.
Screenshot_20210219-200603_Phone.jpgScreenshot_20210219-201606_Phone.jpg

az198az

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot, i did not know this. I have Galaxy A6 with Android 10 and does not have this capability....
Has anyone tried Sоny?

In the photos I've attached I get the same result by tapping the generic profile bubble. I think this is pretty standard and not something special. Initially from your description it seemed like something automatic and didn't require an extra tap. I've only had HTC and now Samsung devices but they've both done this, the method may be different, an (i) in one and a bubble in the other, but I'd be willing to say that this isn't special.

Side note those are all spam calls and none are my area code so no worries.
View attachment 332017View attachment 332018

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm more than a little surprised that two Samsung phones would be that different. When you were looking for it on your A6 did happen to press the bubble? I only ask to be sure we're looking at the same thing. Alternatively using the search option in recent calls isn't much more work than doing it from the dialer because tapping the number there takes your right to the dialer and although I didn't want to try it might call the number with just the one press.
Screenshot_20210220-030724_Phone~2.jpg

az198az

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the answers guys,
I've tried on the Galaxy A6 and it does not work like this. Also checked and it's with Android 10.
Additionally i dislike the Samsung UI so if possible I'd like to leave it as a last resort option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103