Is there a way to fix this?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently running Jelly Belly, though I don't think that has any effect on what I'm posting about, because this issue was occurring even before I rooted and ROM'd up my phone a while back. Basically, the problem (well, more like personal annoyance, I guess) is that when I get a call while my screen is off, only a sliver of the top of the contact picture shows. I thought the entire picture was supposed to show? Here's an example of what it looks like (I blacked out the phone number, so ignore that part):

aqK7k.png

When I bring the phone down from my face to end the call, the full picture is showing (along with a big red button to end the call), but when I actually get a call, it shows like it does in that picture I posted.

Is there any "fix" for this, or is that just how it's "supposed" to be?

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine actually somewhat compresses the photo when I get a call. Looks horrible. But goes to full screen like you said. I'm running vicious jelly bean V5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I can't recall what happens when I get a call - I thought the whole picture showed.

What I HATE, like yours above, is that the photo quality is just awful. Google needs to up the quality or size or whatever it takes to make the call photo look acceptable.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
What I HATE, like yours above, is that the photo quality is just awful. Google needs to up the quality or size or whatever it takes to make the call photo look acceptable.

Yeah, when syncing from my Google contacts, the quality is pretty bad. I recently started putting the original pictures on my phone and applying them to my contacts from there, so they'd be better resolution (I just haven't changed that picture in particular yet).

So, anyone know why this is happening, and how to fix it? Kinda annoying that this seems to happen whether I'm stock or running a different ROM. Pretty sure it looked like this even when I was on AOKP before jumping to JB.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justices777