Is there a way to have google to go into my phone to recover pics?

Dan Marasco

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I broke my s3 display and really want my pics off the phone. I'm 100% sure that the phone is working properly just the display is broken. I ahve tried hooking up through usb. My mac doesnt see the phone at all. The pics are not on sd card. I have tried going into the phone through terminal on my mac and tried to figure my way around. I've never worked with code like that but got the hang of it, kinda got to list menu but was unable to figure out the input words to bring up phones files.

Is there a way to go into the phone through my google account? Maybe have google backup my photos to a cloud?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately if you didn't set the backup to Google+, you can't activate it remotely.

If you're using a Mac, you will probably need to download Samsung Kies and use that to back up your phone as I don't think Macs will just 'see' the phone without a driver. If you were to use it on a PC, however, it's more likely that the driver will automatically download and install itself. If not, installing Kies should install the driver and let you browse the phone as if it were another media device.

If your display is not working but touch input is still recognized, you could use an MHL cable to display your phone's screen on your TV and then send yourself the pictures or activate the back up to a cloud service. Screen Mirroring via WiFi to a SmartTV would work too, except that you would need to activate it first on your phone, and since you can't see the screen, well...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohsin sadat