Is there a way to root note 9 without OEM unlocking and without factory resetting?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

Is there a way to root galaxy note 9 north american model with latest updates installed without resetting the phone and without oem unlocking?
I am trying to recover accidently deleted photos from camera folder which I didnt sync anywhere, they are not in trash folder. I tried many data recovery apps but I couldnt recover deleted photos from camera folder.
Now I am trying to root the phone so I can give root access data recovery apps for deeper recovery.

Any help would be really appreciated. I hope I can recover those photoes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Root without factory reset the device or not enabling OEM to unlock bootloader is going be tough as American models are already tough to root, you can ask this question at XDA Forum , but you should always back up important photos and document in multiple places is best advice going forward.

If you have further questions
I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
After deleting something, if you even want a chance to recover then you need to immediately stop using the phone because as you use it those deleted files will be written over and lost.

jsb4752

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
ok I have registered.
I did post it at xda developers forum but no solution so far.
I am keeping my phone off and I hope I find a solution. Once I turn the phone back on I will sink it with online storage.
I came across data recovery people but they are charging $1200 to $1500 and no guarantee. Is it worth trying?

Thank you

Jat

Last edited:

jsb4752

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
After deleting the pgotoes accidently, I tried few data recovery apps and I couldn't recover the deleted photoes. Then I turned off my phone and it has been off since then. I am hoping to find a solution.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Any simple and cheep data recovery software usually has to be installed or used beforehand. Such as backups, or uploads. Easus, and Datadrill can work for Windows PCs but I'm not aware of software that will work for Android. Shell out the money for professional recovery or live and learn.
Just to warn you, disk drives were a lot easier to recover data from. SSD's are a whole different kettle of fish. Your phone uses basically the same tech as a SSD.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok I have registered.
I did post it at xda developers forum but no solution so far.
I am keeping my phone off and I hope I find a solution. Once I turn the phone back on I will sink it with online storage.
I came across data recovery people but they are charging $1200 to $1500 and no guarantee. Is it worth trying?

Thank you

Jat
Welcome to AC, without guarantee thats a high price to pay

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay