Is there a way to skip the Android 10 Sept update and go to Oct directly

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Phone: Pixel 2XL running Android 9 and latest security update before Android 10. Not a carrier locked set, stock from Google.

I have avoided clicking "Download & Install" on the update message for Android 10 after reading the many articles about issues in the hopes that a newer update would be made available and would replace the Sept version.

On my screen the "Update size" says 1248.6MB and I think it's still the Sept update.

Is there any way to clear the cache and force it to see the Oct update and run that instead? I'm avoiding anything that's not OTA.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Phone: Pixel 2XL running Android 9 and latest security update before Android 10. Not a carrier locked set, stock from Google.

I have avoided clicking "Download & Install" on the update message for Android 10 after reading the many articles about issues in the hopes that a newer update would be made available and would replace the Sept version.

On my screen the "Update size" says 1248.6MB and I think it's still the Sept update.

Is there any way to clear the cache and force it to see the Oct update and run that instead? I'm avoiding anything that's not OTA.
I don't think so. Because they build off of each other.

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, good news! I ran the update, after the download and optimising apps process was done, it was a very short wait and after a restart, done! I've never seen a major OS update that fast. Awesome :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d