Is there a way to take a screen shot without hacking the phone??

davidg4781

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
So 7 months ago I had temporarily switched to an HTC Hero from a Palm Pre (most horrible month of my cell phone usage life). I was wanting to take a screen shot and everything I could find online said I had to hack my phone and install software to make this happen. The last time I had to do something like that was in 2005 with my Trēo 650.

So I upgraded to iPhone and didn't have to worry about all that, until today. I sent a screen shot to my dad who uses an HTC Evo Shift. He asked how to do that and, again when looking, all I found was hacking the phone.

Hasn't this been fixed, or added, or whatever? I did see something about holding down the power button then tapping Home but that's not doing anything on my mom's Samsung Galaxy S.

:(:p:mad::confused::-[:-$

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is there a way to take a screen shot without hacking the phon

The only version I can confirm that does have screen shots built in stock Android is ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich). I know for a short period of time on a "unofficial leak" of Froyo on the Samsung Epic 4g (Galaxy S) we had the option to Hold Back & Tap Home and it would give you a screen shot but they took it out in the official release.

I believe rooting and using a root required screen shot app is your only true option to getting screenshots. There is one option out there I think but it requires using a computer hooked up via USB cable and its really goofy and I can't provide much more help than what I just mentioned about it.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Most of the apps only work on tegra devices (on sprint, we have the photon) but you could try...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dakohara