Is there an app to scan codes from your display screen?

Emilluminati

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I was browsing the internet from my Droid and came across a few QR codes (is that right?) that I wanted to scan...but how do I do that when I'm viewing it from my device to begin with? Is there an app for that. When I searched this out, I wasn't having any luck.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
The only way to scan an image is to use the camera. Do you mean that you want the actual touch screen display to scan a qr code qr code? That would be cool. But, I think not possible

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes...that is what I meant.

I'm not picking on you. But, that reminds me of a joke I heard about an IT help desk call. The user was having problems printing. The error message was, "can not find printer." So, the user turned the monitor to point at the printer and told the help desk technician, "how can it not 'find' the printer? It's looking right at it!"

Emilluminati

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
ROFL!!! ...or when the guy calls TS and says he can't move the cursor over the icon on the edge of the screen because his mouse is at the edge of the mousepad...lol!

Yeah, I just didn't realize the QR codes were also clickable links.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I'm with you now. You weren't trying to actually "scan" the qr code with the screen - but, the image is ON the screen, whaddaya do? Yeah, just click on it as a link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf