Is there an easy way to roll back to the previous droid version?

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I would like to roll back to the stock version of Droid that came with my phone but don't know how... is there a simple way to do this? I'm not rooted or anything.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there an easy way to roll back to the previous droid versi

I presume you are on stock gingerbread. And would like to go to froyo?
Now easy is relative... scence we don't have a flashable froyo that I am aware, either as a rom or as a kdz. ( I am aware of Carlos rom) unless someone has a usable backup.
otherwise you would flash old baseband,flash froyo rom. Best way to get complete stock would be to have a kdz file of froyo for ower phone.

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Yeah when the gingerbread update came out I installed it but I don't really like it and I want to just go back to the version that came with my LG Phoenix. Is there any way to do that?

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Well anything relatively not complicated? If there are instructions I can probably figure it out.

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Ok thanks.. I did try to follow some instructions someone else gave me who knows this kind of stuff but Gingerbreak wouldn't install on my phone. So just so you know lol

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

ok i'm up to flashing the rom.. how long should it take to boot into CWM? it's just sitting on a blank black screen...

EDIT: nvm figure it out.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Alright so I flshed the ROM but now whenever I start my phone I get this:

"The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I don't know what to do... EDIT: I restored my backup and that worked...i'm gonna try to flash the ROM one more time.

Last edited:

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

I need to know where your at.
Just flashed rom after you got cwm?
Flashed cwm, flashed old bb, then flashed rom? This one should be what steps to take.
Be sure you factory reset and wipe cashe, delvik cashe before flashing any new rom.
Factory reset and wiping is done in cwm.

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

I did select to wipe everything and backup before flashing the rom.. it won't even go past the LG boot screen now.

I restored my backup and i'm back to right before flashing the rom.

Oh and yeah I flashed CWM, then flashed old BB, then flashed the ROM.

I tried one more time and it still gives that same error from before... I think this is just a bad rom.

Last edited:

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

ok, if your on old bb then then you can try just about any rom out there.
either by finding a viable gingerbread or using the old bb patch with ics.
i dont know if any of the froyo roms will work. i never tryed any.
worst case you plug your phone into your comp and run the update to get your phone back.

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Alright well i'd only want to try the Froyo roms just cause Gingerbread doesn't work as well as Froyo on this particular phone (Froyo runs a lot smoother and faster) but thank you for your help I learned a lot even in failure lol

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

you may need a kernel for froyo. i dont know if there is one that works.
you may hit up arjen and see if he can make a stock kernel for you that will work with the p500 roms. heck you may ask him if he will just compile a stock rom/kernel package for you/us. who knows who may want it. lol

best of luck to you. feel free to ask any questions.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

To fix com.android.phone error do this.

put phone in airplane mode to stop error
download sqlite editor from market
open the app and let it load. then scroll down to "settings storage" and click it.
then click settings.db, then click secure. then long tap "preferred_network_mode" and just delete the entire value. should fix the problem immediately but its possible for it to come back and you will have to repeat the steps.

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

To fix com.android.phone error do this.

put phone in airplane mode to stop error
download sqlite editor from market
open the app and let it load. then scroll down to "settings storage" and click it.
then click settings.db, then click secure. then long tap "preferred_network_mode" and just delete the entire value. should fix the problem immediately but its possible for it to come back and you will have to repeat the steps.

omg it actually loaded up when I did that! Thank you so much! I'll let you know how the rest of it goes!

EDIT: ok nevermind it got to letting me set up my google account with my phone but even in airplane mode it still is giving the error and won't bring anything up.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord