Is there any insurance on Moto G? and a suitable usb cable?

john024

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys this question is basically to people who own Moto G in India. So my doubt is does Moto G have insurance against theft or loss. Bcoz when we buy the phone through Flipkart they said they offer only warranty and extended warranty and clearly stressed on the fact there's no cover for theft. In case of other mobile companies like samsung, nokia do give it at time of purchase or if you buy through an outlet you can get your insurance done there now what about moto g? i did enquire about pvt insurance but no one seem's to offer it except two in which insurance cost comes more than 1k so any idea about it? and in india while purchasing we don't get usb data cable suggest me a good data cable ( both for charging and file transfer ) which will support moto g on 4.4 kit kat update.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Usually only the carrier offers insurance for loss or theft here in the states. Third-party typically doesn't. Which makes sense because carriers can blacklist a device, third party can't, to my understanding.

Unfortunately without the ability to blacklist, it is too easy for someone to just claim that the phone is stolen and still use it or sell it. I am not familiar with how things are outside of the States but I know that here, carriers share blacklist.
dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3