Is there anyway to disable or lock the internal storage so that apps must write to one of the SD cards?

superjank

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I know it's been asked before, but hear me out - SD Card issues

Ok, I know plenty of people are having this issue and there are many "solutions" out there, but I have tried almost everything, including "solutions" form this very forum but nothing seems to work.

I'm brand new to Android. I've never owned an Android device until about 2 weeks ago. I purchased a $99 Nextbook 8 from WalMart. It came with 4.2 JellyBean but I have updated it to 4.4.2 KitKat via the Nextbook website's link for the update. I purchased a 32 GB MicroSD card since it only has a 5 or 6 GB internal SD card and about 1 GB of onboard internal storage.

I know KitKat's permissions are screwy for external SD cards, so I rooted my device and ran an app called "KitKat External SD" in order to allow all apps to access the SD card to write and retrieve data. I also ran a command line prompt from my PC with the Android SDK in order to force apps to write to the SD card by default.

Neither of these methods has seemed to work. All apps still attempt to download to the measly 1 GB internal storage and still store their settings and cache on the internal chip.

I am very frustrated because there seems to be no way to simply set the External (or even internal!) SD card as the main "hard drive", per se.

My question is: is there a way to disable or lock the internal storage so that apps MUST write to one of the SD cards? Or is there some way to trick Anroid into thinking the SD card is the internal storage?

:':)-\

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: I know it's been asked before, but hear me out - SD Card issues

Foldermount? This app workes wonders for me and the same issue....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira