Is there are reason to update to VH baseband?

sboullion

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't find it in a search.

I've been using thekraven's rom and have been pretty happy with it. That said, I wonder what the benefits of updating to the VH baseband would be. I'd lose the CM7 roms, but would the tradeoff be advantageous?

Thanks in advance
Stephen

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
i think gROM is better than any of the cm7 builds i was running -a few features. i havn't had any random reboots and the system overall runs faster and snappier.

if you are content then stick with what you have until a stable cm7 build comes out based on the van halen base band. im sure it will only be a matter of days.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Truth be told, there is no advantage yet if you are happy with the cm7 ports. In the coming weeks it may become a neccesity as most roms will start using the new zvh radio. I plan on waiting until atleast there is a cm7 port that is stable.

reltm

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
i think gROM is better than any of the cm7 builds i was running -a few features. i havn't had any random reboots and the system overall runs faster and snappier.

if you are content then stick with what you have until a stable cm7 build comes out based on the van halen base band. im sure it will only be a matter of days.

Just curious -- what features did you have in mind? I loved Drew's CM7 for all the customizations but had to revert to Reborn (which is also great) for SVV to work. Since I hear SVV is back in Scott's gROM, I may jump ship to the van halen base band (lol). Thanks.

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
what is svv? honestly the only things i am missing at the moment is the notification bar buttons and the cm7 camera app has better control options.

reltm

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. Thanks. gROM sounds pretty good! It'll be nice to have Gingerbread-style text selection back. I miss that perhaps most of all.

SVV = Sprint Visual Voicemail. I use Google Voice but use the SVV app for voice SMS capability.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma