Is there somewhere to post suggestions?

aportman1

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be pretty cool if there was a place where we could post suggestions for improvements for the device.

For example.

1. If there was a search bar, or even a draggable scroll bar after pressing the icon which opens up all of your apps & widgets. That way we would't have to scroll through heaps of pages in the case where we want to find an app/widget with a letter that is late in the alphabet.

2. If there was a quick way to open a link in a new tab (the same way control can be held down on a PC). Maybe press and hold anywhere on the screen and press on the link to open in new tab. Any other methods of shortcuts would help to make internet browsing as quick as on a PC.

3. Similarly to the second, often my notification drop down often has a lot of useless updates. If it were possible to hold onto certain notifications and then press clear list to hold just one or two important notifications.

It would also be cool, probably not with the nexus 7 because it doesn't use eye tracking. But a cool idea would be to use a wink to create a new blank screen, appearing to the right or left depending on the wink. And then the user could wink back and forth in between pages. Allowing the user to quickly change in between x amount of main screens. It would be like having multiple apps open at the same time.

Not much else right now. Now even sure if this is somewhere where I can post something like this.

Ciao

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it would be pretty cool if there was a place where we could post suggestions for improvements for the device.

For example.

1. If there was a search bar, or even a draggable scroll bar after pressing the icon which opens up all of your apps & widgets. That way we would't have to scroll through heaps of pages in the case where we want to find an app/widget with a letter that is late in the alphabet.

2. If there was a quick way to open a link in a new tab (the same way control can be held down on a PC). Maybe press and hold anywhere on the screen and press on the link to open in new tab. Any other methods of shortcuts would help to make internet browsing as quick as on a PC.

3. Similarly to the second, often my notification drop down often has a lot of useless updates. If it were possible to hold onto certain notifications and then press clear list to hold just one or two important notifications.

It would also be cool, probably not with the nexus 7 because it doesn't use eye tracking. But a cool idea would be to use a wink to create a new blank screen, appearing to the right or left depending on the wink. And then the user could wink back and forth in between pages. Allowing the user to quickly change in between x amount of main screens. It would be like having multiple apps open at the same time.

Not much else right now. Now even sure if this is somewhere where I can post something like this.

Ciao

Welcome to the forums!
1. Aren't the apps and widgets tabbed at the top after you open the app drawer? (Sorry, don't have a Nexus)

2. Depending on the browser, you should be able to long press the link, and it will give the option to open in a new tab. Chrome does this.

3. You can swipe away individual notifications. Or, you can go into Settings>Apps>click on specific apps and uncheck notifications.