Is this a preperation for the relase of Froyo?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
That's old. Very old. And not really news. I've had a leaked Froyo build since October. Dunno why people are just now discovering that page.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Good point I just now took notice of the Time Stamp at the top. Maybe this was in preparation for the "End of the year" release :p

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The time stamp says 11-2-2011, meaning February 11, 2011. This is not old news. Yes, I have had the leaked version of Froyo for months too, but this is new. Other sites are reporting on this too.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
The time stamp says 11-2-2011, meaning February 11, 2011. This is not old news. Yes, I have had the leaked version of Froyo for months too, but this is new. Other sites are reporting on this too.

That's what I get for chiming in from Spain. :p But I've asked Samsung about it. Will advise.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Figures they'd release this the day after I root and install Serendipity.....

Guess I'll need to check and see how hard it will be for me to go back to stock so I can try the "official" version.....

tcd1558

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S and Android 2.3

From Sybase, Samsung partner to provide security on Samsung mobile devices - Computer Business Review

--- start quote ---
Sybase, a provider of enterprise and mobile software, has announced its expanded partnership with Samsung to provide its Afaria Advanced Enterprise Security (AES) for Android, providing new security and application management for Samsung's Galaxy S and Galaxy S II devices.

The company said, the Afaria Advanced Enterprise Security provides enterprise IT with comprehensive device management capabilities on Samsung Android devices (Android version 2.3 or later)."
--- end quote ---

Does this mean, that Android 2.3 is in the pipeline for the Samsung Galaxy S?

tcd1558

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Was this the contents?

Product :Total:phones & Fax Machines:US Mobile Phones:AT&T 31-01-2011

AT&T : How Do I Update The Software On My AT&T SGH-i897 (Captivate) Phone To JH7 Through Kies Mini?

How Do I Update The Software On My AT&T SGH-i897 (Captivate) Phone To JH7 Through Kies Mini?

An update to improve the Samsung Captivate's GPS performance is now available. Captivate customers will receive a notification on their device that an update is available and will simply need to download the file to update their phone. The updates will be pushed to devices over the next few weeks.

The update for the Captivate will also improve additional device functions, such as media scanning time, add the full version of Quickoffice and address Microsoft Exchange 2003 policy support.

It is highly recommended to attempt the JH7 update through Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) process versus Kies Mini due to simplicity. Please click here for more information.

Requirements

COMPUTER

* Desktop/Laptop Computer Running 32bit Versions Of Either Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or XP
* All Firewall & Anti-Virus Programs Should Be Disabled
* Administrative Privileges Required To Download & Install Software Including Drivers
* An Available USB Port On The PC That Supports EHIC (2.0 USB)

PHONE

* Fully Charged Battery

OTHER

* USB Data Cable (Included In Retail Box)
* Any Previous Samsung Kies Software Should Be Removed

--------------
click here points to How Do I Update The Software On My AT&T SGH-i897 (Captivate) Phone To JH7 Through FOTA?

I could not capture (or should I say captivate?) the interim output.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Product :Total:phones & Fax Machines:US Mobile Phones:AT&T 31-01-2011

AT&T : How Do I Update The Software On My AT&T SGH-i897 (Captivate) Phone To JH7 Through Kies Mini?

How Do I Update The Software On My AT&T SGH-i897 (Captivate) Phone To JH7 Through Kies Mini?

An update to improve the Samsung Captivate's GPS performance is now available. Captivate customers will receive a notification on their device that an update is available and will simply need to download the file to update their phone. The updates will be pushed to devices over the next few weeks.

The update for the Captivate will also improve additional device functions, such as media scanning time, add the full version of Quickoffice and address Microsoft Exchange 2003 policy support.

It is highly recommended to attempt the JH7 update through Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) process versus Kies Mini due to simplicity. Please click here for more information.

Requirements

COMPUTER

* Desktop/Laptop Computer Running 32bit Versions Of Either Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or XP
* All Firewall & Anti-Virus Programs Should Be Disabled
* Administrative Privileges Required To Download & Install Software Including Drivers
* An Available USB Port On The PC That Supports EHIC (2.0 USB)

PHONE

* Fully Charged Battery

OTHER

* USB Data Cable (Included In Retail Box)
* Any Previous Samsung Kies Software Should Be Removed

--------------
click here points to How Do I Update The Software On My AT&T SGH-i897 (Captivate) Phone To JH7 Through FOTA?

I could not capture (or should I say captivate?) the interim output.

Now this is the old news stuff. That was to get everyone to JH7, which is Eclair 2.1update 1. The other link that was taken down was specifically for updating to Froyo 2.2 and it was only through Kies, not FOTA.

Raffs824

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
i saw an ad in today (Sunday) paper for ATT captivate with 2.2!
Huh? what about our update.. My gps works for s**&! too!
I'm not a tech wizard so I'm not comfortable loading some beta ttuff or rooting the phone!

sys mast

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny