Is this normal? (Space/Gap between the glass and the actual OLED)

May 17, 2012
Visit site
So, I've had my phone for about a couple days now and I just recently found something unusual about the screen.

When I looked at the edge of the screen/glass of the GNexus at an angle, I found that at the bottom part of the phone's screen, theres a gap between the glass and the OLED screen.

I mean, compared to the other areas/edges of the glass of the phone, you see no gap but when you reach towards the bottom half of the phone, I start to see a gap between the glass and the actual OLED screen.

Look at it at an angle through the glass while the phone is turned off (screen turned off).

Here's a sample image of what I see.

photobv.jpg

You can see from the image above, there is a gap between the screen and the glass.

Do you guys have this problem? Or is the your OLED screen and the glass of your GNexus are close to each other and you find no noticeable gap/space between the two when looking at it at an angle?

Let me know please. Thanks XD

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is this normal? (Space/Gap between the glass and the actual O

I have the Verizon version but there's no gap that I see at the bottom of the screen. Everything sits flush going around the entire screen.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

well, not sure I see what you're looking at in the picture. I can just see a space between the panel and glass on my phone, I think.... But given that the glass is curved and the AMOLED panel is flat, then it would be expected to see a space where the glass curves away from the panel, especially on the bottom portion where the curvature seems a bit more pronounced.

If everything's working correctly, I wouldn't give it much thought.

May 17, 2012
Visit site

well, not sure I see what you're looking at in the picture. I can just see a space between the panel and glass on my phone, I think.... But given that the glass is curved and the AMOLED panel is flat, then it would be expected to see a space where the glass curves away from the panel, especially on the bottom portion where the curvature seems a bit more pronounced.

If everything's working correctly, I wouldn't give it much thought.

Yes, that sounds like exactly what I am looking for. I can see the gap between the glass and the OLED panel start to begin about 3/4th down from the top to bottom of the phone.

So this is normal then?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

One of my devices (the 3rd) had a piece of red fiber in between the glass and the screen. So there's a space; it may be very, very slim, but it's there.