Is this Verizon's Nexus One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(1894)

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone think its possible that this will be Verizon's version of the Nexus One? Or does having Sense UI rule out that possibility?

It just seems weird they'd get the Nexus One AND the Desire since they seem so similar. Thoughts?

anon(1894)

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Um, could you be a bit more specific? Were you trying to post a link or picture?

The HTC Desire was officially announced yesterday by HTC, but no news on whether any North American carriers will get it. Wondering about the possibility of it coming to Verizon Wireless, when Verizon is already slated to have the Nexus One in Spring 2010. They just seem so similar, I wonder if a carrier would really have them BOTH available.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Well I guess it could be, but I dont think so personally. I think that will be another Android device that launches in addition to the NexusOne. I think the form factor is similar but I think we will see a trackballed NexusOne on Big Red.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Verizon is getting a Nexus One and an Incredible they're two different phones. The verizon Nexus One will be pretty similar to the Desire. Thats based on what I've heard and read.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it will be the n1. Or nexus line will be Google experience phones so Google can put out what they want when they want. No worrying about service provider and they can make it just how they want

thevoiceless

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I really, really hope that the Desire comes to Verizon. Either that, or Verizon's Nexus One at least gets hardware buttons rather than the touch-sensitive ones below the screen. I know a lot of people probably disagree, but I still thing that Sense UI is a cut above the default Android interface, too.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I love sense but I would rather have it as an add on feature. but if the equivalent comes to Verizon I will be picking it up for my wife. unless the release the iPhone on Verizon

agarrett527

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Totally separate devices in my opinion. I don't think Google would go through the trouble of saying the N1 would be available on their site only to change the name to another device and offer it in the stores.

I just wish we had some hardcore dates on these phones right now. Would love to see when some of this stuff is coming out.

kennethmsmith

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Which HTC phone is supposed to come to AT&T? Will it be the Desire or something? Or a N1 with ATT 3G support? And when? I WANT IT >... I WANT IT.... when when when :)

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Which HTC phone is supposed to come to AT&T? Will it be the Desire or something? Or a N1 with ATT 3G support? And when? I WANT IT >... I WANT IT.... when when when :)

Nobody knows besides the Backflip, please lets keep this thread on topic though. ;)

I saw and replied to your other thread.

Steven58

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
The Desire has a European radio and is not for VZW. I can't see how HTC is going to compete with itself and thumb its nose up at Google by offering VZW a better phone short term. Additionally, sadly, it is probable that the N1 for VZW would probably have the same lame upgrade situation as it has now with T-Mobile.

So, with all the 1 Ghz processors out there, it look as if VZW doesn't really get any.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It's a pretty safe bet at this point that this is not Verizon's Nexus One. You will see the Desire on AT&T in the near future.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aarone