Is Thunderbolt going to be using Gorilla Glass??

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I havent seen any info in this so I'm guessing the answer is no, but does anyone know if the Thunderbolt is going to have Gorilla Glass? I don't like using a screen protector and thats one of the reasons I got a Fascinate.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I thought someone mentioned in a different thread (I can't find it right now, maybe it was on a completely different forum altogether) that the screen will be made of some kind of improved glass that has some additive in it or something that makes it more scratch-resistant...

Can someone else confirm or deny this?

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i emailed them about it a while ago, htc doesnt use gorilla glass. they use there own silicon whatever based glass....in a nut shell, its tough. but its not gorilla glass

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
i emailed them about it a while ago, htc doesnt use gorilla glass. they use there own silicon whatever based glass....in a nut shell, its tough. but its not gorilla glass

Im not worried about it being strong enough that it wont crack. I have insurance so thats not a big deal. What I'm worried about is if its going to scratch very easily.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Im not worried about it being strong enough that it wont crack. I have insurance so thats not a big deal. What I'm worried about is if its going to scratch very easily.

yea, iv had friends with inc an x. x of course has gorilla glass. tho the inc has some strong glass as well. my biggest thing is on my iphone 3g i have dust between the glass an screen.....annoying. i dont like cases an havent used a screen cover. but we will see how this phone goes

Reactions: Seba617

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Same with both my Eris and DInc I had. I put them in my pockets (with nothing else) everyday and the screen is flawless, not even minor scratching.

flipteg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
we're not sure exactly how they choose what to display on there, but i specifically remember last month when i got my Atrix, i checked that same webpage and it was not showing a single HTC product. now, it's showing a couple HTC phones that was released last year like the Evo 4G, the Incredible, and the myTouch 3G. which is why i think most people have assumed that HTC does not use Gorilla Glass at all.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
we're not sure exactly how they choose what to display on there, but i specifically remember last month when i got my Atrix, i checked that same webpage and it was not showing a single HTC product. now, it's showing a couple HTC phones that was released last year like the Evo 4G, the Incredible, and the myTouch 3G. which is why i think most people have assumed that HTC does not use Gorilla Glass at all.
I've read that there are very restrictive copyright/trademark issues and that company's who contract to use Gorilla Glass (Corning) are not allowed to advertise it as such without paying a fee (i.e. Apple). On the other hand, Corning, obviously retains the rights to offer their "customers" up as a reference.

-Frank

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I havent seen any info in this so I'm guessing the answer is no, but does anyone know if the Thunderbolt is going to have Gorilla Glass? I don't like using a screen protector and thats one of the reasons I got a Fascinate.

Even if it ever does, it won't be on this model - were you looking for Thunderbolt II - or Thunderbolt III?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lpt2024