Is Vortex the same phone as Optimus, just different carrier?

Texashammer

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So, I tried rooting my daughter's Vortex and it worked. I then tried to flash clockworkmod and phone is now bricked. It won't do anything. Flashing logo screen. Won't even charge battery. I found some info on unbricking the Optimus, since this is the dll that I flashed to root, but it mentions some procedure to put the phone into emergency mode. This will not work for the Vortex.

Couple of questions:
Are the Optimus and the Vortex essentially the same?

Does anyone know how to put the Vortex into emergency mode?

Any ideas on fixing this, other than getting a new phone?

Thanks for all the help.

kberube911

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue right now. just the lg screen. i am going to try the lg download utility I found online, but I do not have high hopes. were you ever able to find emergency mode on your phone?

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So, I tried rooting my daughter's Vortex and it worked. I then tried to flash clockworkmod and phone is now bricked. It won't do anything. Flashing logo screen. Won't even charge battery. I found some info on unbricking the Optimus, since this is the dll that I flashed to root, but it mentions some procedure to put the phone into emergency mode. This will not work for the Vortex.

Couple of questions:
Are the Optimus and the Vortex essentially the same?

Does anyone know how to put the Vortex into emergency mode?

Any ideas on fixing this, other than getting a new phone?

Thanks for all the help.

this thread is aging but i'm going to answer the questions anyway because i have both, ish. Yes the vortex is an optimus phone, just doesn't carry the optimus name. It's a slightly modified version of the Optimus S, no camera or voice activation button, uses a different rotation sensor, different bluetooth module and slightly different GPS unit, additionally it's provisioned for Verizon, over Sprint, but both are CDMA and i'm betting a really really similar modem because it does connect to sprint network, but won't allow you to make phone calls, send text/mms, or use data, probably because sprint goes, "Who the **** are you?"

I've just got a chance to start touching this phone so can't answer your emergency mode question but i do know people have gotten around this SOFT brick by removing the battery with the cable unplugged, then plugging in the cable and pressing vol up home and power at the same time. haven't tested it myself yet because today was the first time i've gotten a chance to touch it.