Is WiFi supposed to stay on/connected when device is in standby?

mobilehavoc

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
It seems like it's doing that on my Hero unless it reconnects VERY VERY fast. I hit the power button to wake it and slide down fast but it's already connected. Any idea if it stays connected when the device is on standby? One culprit I thought could be I have Weatherbug notification that shows outside temperature and updates every hour...wonder if that keeps WiFi alive?

mobilehavoc

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
So just found the setting in Wireless Settings -> Wifi Settings -> MENU -> Advanced.

You can specify if you want it to stay on or not. Mine was set to turn off when screen turns off so hopefully it's doing that. I changed it to never when plugged in which should mean it'll sleep wifi on battery but keep it on with power. Awesome.

dictoresno

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is WiFi supposed to stay on/connected when device is in stand

So just found the setting in Wireless Settings -> Wifi Settings -> MENU -> Advanced.

You can specify if you want it to stay on or not. Mine was set to turn off when screen turns off so hopefully it's doing that. I changed it to never when plugged in which should mean it'll sleep wifi on battery but keep it on with power. Awesome.

i just realized this problem. i was having the same issue and was about to make a thread about it. kinda stupid in my opinion to have it default to this. im still using my BB and my atrix and noticed i wasnt getting emails delivered to my atrix over wifi while my BB was. this has to be the issue. thanks!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084