Is Xoom always connected to Network?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have the data plan, is it always connected to the Verizon network like a cell phone, unless you turn it off?

Welcome to AC!

Yes, the Xoom will always want to be connected to the internet, so if you're activated on Verizon and have wifi turned off or no known networks in range it will connect to Verizon.

If you have wifi enabled and are in a known network it will automatically connect there.

socks148

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks, So if your in range for both, does it default to the wifi. Or would I have to turn the Verizon connection off at that point? Im just worried about going over the data plan limit. Thanks again.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok, thanks, So if your in range for both, does it default to the wifi. Or would I have to turn the Verizon connection off at that point? Im just worried about going over the data plan limit. Thanks again.

It defaults to WiFi. Whenever you're connected to both WiFi and the cell network, Android always prioritizes the WiFi network.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I looked at my account on VZW.com but couldn't find where to see my XOOM usage. I could only see my smartphone usage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authority_Institute