Isn't tomorrow (June 12th) that Sprint event showing off the GS3?

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
So what is it then? Did Sprint pull its usual crap and say that they have no such event planned?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Isn't tomorrow (June 12th) that Sprint event showing off the

Hope it still happens with apple trying to get a restraining order against this phone and all. SMFH @ apple.

SirNickselot

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

I've got my confirmation email. The site mentioned games, prizes and hands-on demos. Fingers crossed I walk out with a new S3 or even better a new Sammy TV.

"Thank you for registering to attend, we look forward to seeing you on the 12th! Below are the event details for your reference:

When: Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where: Cyclorama at the Center for the Arts
539 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116

Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm

Complimentary parking in the lot. Attendees must be over 21 years old and bring valid ID."

scorpeo88

May 21, 2012
Visit site

I've talked to Sprint about it. It's not a press event or a public event or anything. NBD.

what are you talking about bru.. nbd?? it says on the registration website "Be the first on your block to get your hands on it" and, "Don't forget to check out our Share the Love hands-on demonstrations using the latest NFC technology."

sure its not public/press, but we should be getting a ton of videos of the sprint version in action tonight- looks like ill be taking a pass on redtube tonight.. holla

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I've got my confirmation email. The site mentioned games, prizes and hands-on demos. Fingers crossed I walk out with a new S3 or even better a new Sammy TV.

"Thank you for registering to attend, we look forward to seeing you on the 12th! Below are the event details for your reference:

When: Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where: Cyclorama at the Center for the Arts
539 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116

Time: 6:00pm ? 8:00pm

Complimentary parking in the lot. Attendees must be over 21 years old and bring valid ID."

Sweet, will you report back to us and let us know what you got to see? Maybe a video too? :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

SirNickselot

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

If my camera is allowed passed the front door I will do my best to get some pics and vids

AntikytheraTech

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if this will also be a debut event for Sprint's proprietary Wallet app... I can't imagine they would hold an event like this touting both the SIII and their own Wallet app together since they advertise the SIII as coming with Google Wallet. Hope to see some video footage from this - certainly wish I was going to be there!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

SirNickselot

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Event is over. Very fun. They had lots of games and demos. They used a point system using NFC. Our nametags had NFC stickers on them. As you went around to the different booths you accumulate points for asking questions and partaking in the demos. The games were the usual stuff like musical chairs and marshmallow eating. They had a leaderboard that refreshed every 5 seconds. The top 20 on the board then stood in the middle at the end. Using a random number generator they selected winners. 3 best buy gift cards 50,100 and 150 then the grand prize was a Samsung Smart Home Theater System. I won that! It will be shipped to me by August. Only thing I saw that I didn't know about before was the cover case will be available in more than two colors I saw a neon orange one that looked sick. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

SirNickselot

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

But yeah it was just demos. No announcements at all. There is nothing I know that you don't.

SirNickselot

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

No phone giveaways. Biggest giveaway was the home theater system. Can't wait to come home someday and see it sitting on the porch. No idea which model it is just that it is Smart. It was all hands on. Got to play with it for 2 hours. They had at least 100 phones floating around the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995