Issue with Google assistant even when disabled, trying to pop up and interrupting my Android phone

bigd82971

Apr 8, 2020
Visit site
When I try to listen to things on my Samsung S10 Android phone like Pandora, Iheart radio, Sirius XM etc. Google assistant keeps popping up trying to start up. When I went in and turned off Google assistant, then it would interrupt my listening asking me if I want to turn Google Assistant on. It would also adjust my volume up and down constantly and stop my music. It is very annoying. Any trouble shooting tips? Seems to happen when I use wired earbuds.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the tips. How do you force stop the google app? I have cleared my cache. Thank you again!
Hi, sure no problem, long press the Google app then tap info , scroll to storage clear data,cache then back one step.at bottom or top should be force close

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Does this only happen when you're listening while using wired headphones?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the headphones specifically "Made for iPhone"? If so, the plug may be configured incorrectly for Android, and therefore could be be inappropriately triggering Google Assistant.

If they're supposed to be universal headphones, then make sure the jack is clear -- use a can of compressed air to blow it out, and a toothpick to root around.

bigd82971

Apr 8, 2020
Visit site
The headphones that I use are really just freebies I got at a work IT fair. Would you recommend using a higher grade of a headphone? Or just make sure the package says for use with Android. I didn't know before that it made a difference. Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Definitely get better headphones. They don't have to be super-expensive -- just from a well-known and respected brand. You can find decent ones for $10-15. And just make sure they're not specifically "Made for iPhone."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnovwigwam