Issue with new phone and Apps

politjunkie

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I have a brand new X and having issues with it installing apps. It is trying to install all the apps I had on my Pro, but all they say is downloading (has been saying this for 12 hours now). I did a factory restore, that did not change anything.

If I download a new app, no issues, if I try to download Google Voice or others i had been using on old phone says downloading, but it does not appear to be downloading.

Thoughts?

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
When I went to my X from a Droid, I had the same issue. What I did was to cancel the download and restarted that app and it got installed.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Its a Froyo 2.2 issue, cancel all downloads. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>select On SD card move all apps back to phone. Now using your fav file explorer "OI, Astro, whichever" find the file .android_secure then delete this file and reboot.
This is a known issue with Froyo the file that apps are stored in becomes corrupted. Some times you may even find you get an error unable to install, same prob but the fix this time is to "unmount the SD card" and remove> download>reinsert SD card and reboot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dahikino2