Question Issue with passkey

Frengo

Oct 11, 2023
Visit site
Hi guys,

I noticed that Uber, eBay and PayPal app on my Android phone allow for the creation of passkeys.

I tried to create them but every time I arrive at the step of putting my fingerprint to save the passkey, I get an error message.

I've tried multiple times and there's no way for me to save passkeys.

I then tried to use my laptop with eBay and I manage to create a passkey with no issue. The problem is just with my phone (stock Samsung galaxy s21).

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It might be the phone. It was a huge story and now I absolutely cannot find it, perhaps someone here can verify which device it was. It was either the S20 or the S21 that had the scandal about the FPS unlocking with any fingerprint. I had both devices and remember when the story came out and was kind of floored because I'm pretty sure I struggled to get my fingerprint to read consistently but then being told it unlocks with almost any fingerprint. Anyway when this happened I remember a bunch of my apps that used biometrics stopped accepting fingerprints. All of my bank apps stopped, one or two of my 2-step verifications stopped. Anyway they finally patched it up or whatever but I still had 2 of my banks that never allowed it again on that device. When I got a new device they all accepted it no issues but because of that scandal never again on that device.

Frengo

Oct 11, 2023
Visit site
It might be the phone. It was a huge story and now I absolutely cannot find it, perhaps someone here can verify which device it was. It was either the S20 or the S21 that had the scandal about the FPS unlocking with any fingerprint. I had both devices and remember when the story came out and was kind of floored because I'm pretty sure I struggled to get my fingerprint to read consistently but then being told it unlocks with almost any fingerprint. Anyway when this happened I remember a bunch of my apps that used biometrics stopped accepting fingerprints. All of my bank apps stopped, one or two of my 2-step verifications stopped. Anyway they finally patched it up or whatever but I still had 2 of my banks that never allowed it again on that device. When I got a new device they all accepted it no issues but because of that scandal never again on that device.
Thank you.

I've never had any issue with fingerprints.

I also made the passkey for my google account and it worked.

The issue is saving passkeys for other services other than google.
Very weird

Cheers

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That was the S10 series when using a silicone-based screen protector.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I noticed that Uber, eBay and PayPal app on my Android phone allow for the creation of passkeys.

I tried to create them but every time I arrive at the step of putting my fingerprint to save the passkey, I get an error message.

I've tried multiple times and there's no way for me to save passkeys.

I then tried to use my laptop with eBay and I manage to create a passkey with no issue. The problem is just with my phone (stock Samsung galaxy s21).

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
I just created a passkey for PayPal on my S21 Ultra and it was visible on my S23 Ultra so I don't think it is the phone... I don't really know what it is though so can't be of much help lol, sorry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards