Issues restoring iPhone 5 backup to 1M8?

KillHawk

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone. Couldn't find a post covering this exact question so hoping someone can help / has experienced the same thing.
I just got the One M8 and used HTC Sync Manager to restore my iphone back up onto it.
First a fix I found in case anyone is stuck where I was: I noticed when I tried to transfer my messages after using the phone for a day it was going to take over 20 hours (65k messages) but then I tried again after factory resetting and dropped to about 5 hours. Anyone else had this issue?

Moving on. Restoring my messages and my laptop went to sleep when transfer was at 97%. Does anyone know if it's possible to tell it to pick up where it left off or if I'll need to start again? I'm only missing the last month of texts but it'd be nice to get them without having to restart.
Also since restoring any time I open a message window with a significant number of texts, it takes around 30 seconds to load and any sent text takes about 5x as long as any other text. This makes sense because the phone suddenly has a whole lot of messages to load, but it happens every time I close and reopen that contact. Probably doesn't help that it wants to display EVERY message in one screen (iPhone would show you a few dozen and then give you the option to load more)

Anyway sorry for rambling on. Really hope someone can help out

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds