Issues With Back Button Not Working In Contacts on EB01

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks,

Been hearing about this issue on my rom and on others forms of Froyo. I tracked it down today to Launcher Pro. Apparently, it has some serious issues, with touchwiz, at least.

Don't shoot the messenger! These are my findings.

flushd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks,

Been hearing about this issue on my rom and on others forms of Froyo. I tracked it down today to Launcher Pro. Apparently, it has some serious issues, with touchwiz, at least.

Don't shoot the messenger! These are my findings.

Actually, if you re-addthe shortcut to the contacts app the problem goes away. There is something wrong with the way the initial shortcut is setup.

To fix this,
Long press on contacts shortcut and select "Change Shortcut"
On the "select shortcut" screen, select applications and then scroll down and select the contacts app.
On the next screen select either the default icon or launcher pro icon and you should be all set

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Landshark

jazzwig

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Actually, if you re-addthe shortcut to the contacts app the problem goes away. There is something wrong with the way the initial shortcut is setup.

To fix this,
On the "select sgortcut" screen, select applications and then scroll down and select the phone app.
On the next screen select either the default icon or launcher pro icon and you should be all set

Hope this helps.

Fwiw, this doesnt fix it for me...

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Fwiw, this doesnt fix it for me...

Just out of curiosity... I've attached two files in a zip. If you:

1) navigate to /system/usr/keylayout
2) Press then & hold down on each filename I've attached.
3) Scroll down to view as text
4) Compare the values in the files I sent with the values in Root Explorer, do they match?

sgtmack

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

To fix this,
On the "select sgortcut" screen, select applications and then scroll down and select the phone app.

Hope this helps.

This fixed mine. Thanks!

Dr. K_Xen

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

To fix this,

Hope this helps.

Ah Ha! Fixed mine as well, much appreciated. I didn't even think of re-adding the shortcut.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Im in the same boat, its annoying but its not that hard to just hit the home softkey. I tried the re-add shortcut trick and that did nothing, even launching it from the app drawer shows the same bug. Hitting back in the first screen of the contacts app just reloads the contacts app, hitting it again does nothing. SC2.4 all original, plus launcherpro installed from the market.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Worked like a charm for me. Changed shorcut in dock to phone, opened contacts, hit back button, worked, changed shorcut in dock back to contacts, still works. Thanks flushd

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I started noticing some bad transition lag about a day after switching to LauncherPro that I never once saw with 2.4 running TW3 or Launcher... So i ditched it and went back to TW. In addition to the power widget wifi control actually working (it would lock up the wifi setting if i tried to turn it on from the widget in LauncherPro) the contacts back button works great and there is no more lag... LauncherPro does do desktop rotation though... Hmm.....

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I've also been having some speed/lag issues with launcher pro. Esp when I reboot, seems to freeze for an additional 2mins after media scan is complete. If I switch to TW or wipe the caches the problems go away....I like customization of LP but it might be time to try something else....

Does anyone know what would happen if i replaced the TW apk in system/app with the LP apk? I wonder if this would make LP run smoother.

Last edited:

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I found that letting it reboot then going back into cwm and wiping both caches works every time

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caixalegend