Its been fun again!

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm leaving android again....going back to a 4s for the time being until android gets qualitly apps like ios and batterylife but don't worry I'll be back ..I love this communitty and will continue to lurk until I come back for an android fix again!

sent via android central forums app

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm leaving android again....going back to a 4s for the time being until android gets qualitly apps like ios and batterylife but don't worry I'll be back ..I love this communitty and will continue to lurk until I come back for an android fix again!

Really? For a platform and OS that's well over a year old?

What "quality" apps are you speaking of?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
For me to go back to a 3.5" screen it would have to be able to pick winning lottery numbers, or get me dates with supermodels.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

Just the way apps feel and look IMO is much nicer in ios and that's the main thing for me ..don't get me wrong I'm neutral here both platforms are great and I love them both but I don't want to have a huge battery on just to make it through the day I'm not saying one is better than the other I like them both but battery on android just isn't what I need it to be I'm hoping phones like the s3 are coming to vzw that way I'll have a reason to come back

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I will do my best to say soething semi-neutral.

I will take a bigger battery with a bigger screen any day over a smaller screen that has a battery that lasts all week.

I would say to you, wait for the i5, but you seem as though you have a foot out the door, good luck and I hope our paths cross again

Reactions: taylorz_412

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I will do my best to say soething semi-neutral.

I will take a bigger battery with a bigger screen any day over a smaller screen that has a battery that lasts all week.

I would say to you, wait for the i5, but you seem as though you have a foot out the door, good luck and I hope our paths cross again

I'll still be around here waiting for the next big android phone to pick up I sold my rez and found a good price on a 4s used and I'm keeping my upgrade for the iphone 5 or the s3 or the next nexus ,I was gonna pick up a gnex but iv heard far too many complaints about that phone so I'll just hold out for the next one

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
...but battery on android just isn't what I need it to be..

And here is the crux of the matter. We all have different needs with our devices. Finding a platform that fits your needs is more important than any of our opinions on what you should do. Best of luck with the iPhone. I hope it works out for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I will say i hope that verizon does NOT mess up the next nexus like they did this one. i was thinking about it because of the thread about the Charge. Sammy is SOOOOOOOO weak on the radios compared to HTC....I am not sure that I would go with another Samsung product.

That includes the s3 though it looks awesome. I a sure by the time you are ready to burn that upgrade, there will be 5 more phones to think about...

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I will say i hope that verizon does NOT mess up the next nexus like they did this one. i was thinking about it because of the thread about the Charge. Sammy is SOOOOOOOO weak on the radios compared to HTC....I am not sure that I would go with another Samsung product.

That includes the s3 though it looks awesome. I a sure by the time you are ready to burn that upgrade, there will be 5 more phones to think about...

Yepp I'm sure there will be plenty of awesome android phones out and I hope sammy gets these radios worked out cuz I think they sell some beautiful products.. I just need android to get the battery straightened out really that's the only thing I really need android to improve on..if it had the same apps as ios and the battery life I would never touch another apple phone

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i never have issue with the apps, there seems to always be something to fit my needs. I look at the battery like this, I am lugging around a dual core computer inside of a 4.5" shell. I hit my PC at home, watch movies, listen to the radio, make calls, play games, look up work stuff.....it is the nature of the beast. Hell my laptop has an extended battery that I WISH lasted as long as my phone....it is the price we must pay for the tech that is there for us

just my 2 cents. I know that compare to iphones, android is lacking with the battery

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
i never have issue with the apps, there seems to always be something to fit my needs. I look at the battery like this, I am lugging around a dual core computer inside of a 4.5" shell. I hit my PC at home, watch movies, listen to the radio, make calls, play games, look up work stuff.....it is the nature of the beast. Hell my laptop has an extended battery that I WISH lasted as long as my phone....it is the price we must pay for the tech that is there for us

just my 2 cents. I know that compare to iphones, android is lacking with the battery
I completely agree ,its just that the iphone fits my needs right now but I now for sure I'll be back with android in the next couple months jjust because I love tinkering and flashing roms in spare time so it won't take long for ny flashing/tinkering addiction kicks back in

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Just the way apps feel and look IMO is much nicer in ios and that's the main thing for me ..don't get me wrong I'm neutral here both platforms are great and I love them both but I don't want to have a huge battery on just to make it through the day I'm not saying one is better than the other I like them both but battery on android just isn't what I need it to be I'm hoping phones like the s3 are coming to vzw that way I'll have a reason to come back

It's cool man, I'm not a blind hater.... Fat from it, I own nothing but Macs and my wife is an iphone person too.

I feel you the battery thing. At my average use I get a full day out of my standard battery but it does suck having to strategically plan my day after 4 pm or so.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
It's cool man, I'm not a blind hater.... Fat from it, I own nothing but Macs and my wife is an iphone person too.

I feel you the battery thing. At my average use I get a full day out of my standard battery but it does suck having to strategically plan my day after 4 pm or so.

Yeah thats my only complaint about android really other than battery and some apps it's leaps and bounds over iOS ,and right now battery is just to bad on any current 4g phone for me to use
But these next batch of android phones that are coming I have a feeling something amazing is just over the horizon and I have an upgrade waiting for whatever it is :)

Sent from my iPad HD! using Tapatalk

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I love them both but I don't want to have a huge battery on just to make it through the day I'm not saying one is better than the other I like them both but battery on android just isn't what I need it to be

If you change your Rezound's mobile settings to "CDMA only" (just like an iPhone) and keep the screen brightness at 30 - 40%, you'll get battery life similar to that of the iPhone 4s. Also, the Rezound's comes with a Mobile Data widget that you can quickly toggle your 3g radio on or off. Do you really need mobile data all the time? It's not that hard to turn it off for a few hours each day.

On a side note, I'm using the Mugen Power 4000 mAh battery and turning off mobile data when I know I won't need it for a while. I am getting 2 to 3 days of battery life while using my phone as much as I want.

Sent from Tapatalk 2 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in seeing how a LTE iphone handles the battery. I think that is such a win win. If the iphone handles it well, android will follow. if it doesnt, then it will validate how crappy the battery life is on 4G

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
tumblr_m3stopRSRx1qcmnsoo1_r1_400.gif

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
About a week ago on Engadget, they had an article on a supposed new cover/faceplate by Apple. It looked identical to the iPhone/iPod, but the screen area measured 4+ inches.
I'm assuming next year's model is going to feature a larger screen and possibly 4G (playing catch up with Android.) However, iOS is about as exciting as downloading on dial up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coldel