Jelly Bean 4.2.2 just around the corner?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well sammobile tweeted that the Note 2 and the Galaxy S3 will be receiving 4.2.2 in either May or June. Samsung is going to skip 4.2.1 altogether and just release 4.2.2, however for Key lime pie 5.0 there is some bad news for ALL dual core devices.

Dual core devices such as:
Galaxy S2
Galaxy Note
Galaxy S3 (USA variant with Dual S4)

These will not be receiving 5.0 and will be halted at 4.2.2 where they will end at, for Quad core devices like the new Galaxy s4, the S3 and the Note 2 will be getting Key lime Pie.
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/03/18...xy-s-iii-galaxy-note-ii/#.UUbKyCyAJxc.twitter
uploadfromtaptalk1365069500531.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Considering that Samsung wouldn't want to be seen as "burning" customers in North America, I doubt they would limit the versions here to 4.2.2. I can see AT&T and Verizon being too lazy to be bothered to release the update, but Samsung SHOULD be giving us the update, even if the phones are dual core. If you think about it, there won't be a true limitation on what the phones can handle since we got 2GB of RAM. I would expect OLDER devices not to get as much attention from the manufacturer, which is normal in this industry.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Considering that Samsung wouldn't want to be seen as "burning" customers in North America, I doubt they would limit the versions here to 4.2.2. I can see AT&T and Verizon being too lazy to be bothered to release the update, but Samsung SHOULD be giving us the update, even if the phones are dual core. If you think about it, there won't be a true limitation on what the phones can handle since we got 2GB of RAM. I would expect OLDER devices not to get as much attention from the manufacturer, which is normal in this industry.

Exactly, im not in the USA so im lucky but Samsung sold 40+ million S3's and alot of these would have been in the US which is running the Dual S4, the dual S4 isnt a slouch and nearly keeps up with the quad exynos. And the S4 has 2GB ram backed up. I think samsung is making a big mistake.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I've seen mention that the Galaxy S3 WILL be getting KLP, and nothing to indicate that the dual-core S3 would be excluded. Yes, older devices such as the S2 won't get it, but single or dual core isn't the issue, it is more about the effort required, and after two years, you shouldn't expect to get the newest updates, unless there was a security issue.

Sudhakaran Nair

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I dont think the version 4.2.2 will come soon. If samsung want then why they are delaying. We may need to change our purchasing mentality to other customers.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site