Jelly Bean 4.3 on SGH-T989 (T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII)

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thread is now closed until further notice. Sorry :(
Major thread update: List now updated with 4.3.1 AND 4.4 ROMs :D OP is still a WIP due to time constraints

(This thread will only serve as a portal for 4.3 (4.4 is also included) on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII. I do not claim ownership of any custom firmware mentioned here. This OP should be updated every time a new ROM based on 4.3 appears.)
With the release of it's code to all, Jelly Bean 4.3 is available for Hercules (SGH-T989) via aftermarket custom ROMs.

Here are the links to the ROMs running on 4.3:

[Second OP will show screenies of some of the ROMs I've listed in the first OP once I've taken a screenshot of each one. (I know the XDA OP's for each ROM already have screenshots but it's mostly for those too lazy to go over there and just want to see it here.)] UPDATE: Screenshots for AOSPA have now been uploaded. I'll be uploading more screenshots for every other 4.3 ROM I find enjoyable. Also, due to time restraints, I won't be able to update this OP as much as I'd like to but stay tuned anyways :D

Last edited:

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine :p

(Still a work in progress.)

Screenies

AOSPA (ParanoidAndroid) 3.99 RC-1:

Screenshot_2013-09-16-18-46-00.png Screenshot_2013-09-16-18-44-08.png Screenshot_2013-09-16-18-46-30.png

...and if you're a user of ViPER4Android FX, it works on this ROM too:
Screenshot_2013-09-16-18-47-44.png

Last edited:

SkinsFan1987

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity...do any of these have Wi-Fi Calling? If not, then I'll probably never be able to put a custom ROM on mine.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
cant change version

Wait what? Can you be a bit more specific regarding your problem?

Just out of curiosity...do any of these have Wi-Fi Calling? If not, then I'll probably never be able to put a custom ROM on mine.

These are custom AOSP ROMs and WiFi calling is a T-Mobile exclusive feature only included in their version of TouchWiz. You'll have to find custom-built TouchWiz ROMs with WiFi Calling included if you want to take advantage of such a feature as AOSP-based ROMs do not have them.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow huunnnmh your menu is very nice and organized great look you inspired me only way to my first build. Thanks

Erm, I don't own any of these ROMs FYI. This thread is just to list out the 4.3 ROMs available for hercules (SGH-T989) I do not claim ownership of any of these firmware builds. ^^'