jumped ship. New to the htc /vivid/att world!

ta2dave76

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello there! This is a great forum you all have here. I've learned quite a lot in the past six days. After many years with big red and Motorola phones, I have kicked them to the curb. My retired phone is a moto droid og I think it is called. I have always had Motorola phones with the Verizon contract.

Last Friday I went with my gf to the att place. She had ordered a HTC vivid for $10 and was going to pick it up. After hearing I could jump on the plan for $10, and get the vivid for $10, I was curious. I said I would wait a week. I started researching the vivid and its competition. I call Verizon, ask about a new plan, tell them I want the top of the line Motorola for free or I'm switching. His counter offer/sales pitch rebuttle was less than amusing. I says have a nice day.

For $10 the vivid is a heck of a phone. I've had it since Thursday. Came with ics update, sense3.6 and I just put an otterbox commuter case on it. So far I think its a pretty slick phone, and a much needed change from what I was using before. A little more tweeking and ill have it set up for my needs.

If I have any questions I'm sure ill find answers here!

Last edited:

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The Vivid is an all-around great phone. I upgraded to it in January and feel the $100 upgrade fee I paid was worth it - for $10, you got a hell of a deal.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Stromtrooper

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I just found a refurb online at AT&T for $.01 and jumped on it. I will be retiring my Google N1 and moving to the Vivid. Hope this goes well. I've had problems with battery life on the Nexus 1 so I'm hoping the Vivid is at least that good. Device is in transit and should arrive this week.

ta2dave76

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the battery is pretty good so far. From 3am to 10 pm on the same charge. That with watching some videos, being online and a few calls today. I don't see the big deal. Charge it when it gets low.

Other than that I'm very happy with this phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital